Chapter 18

"Beware, for I am fearless
and therefore powerful."
-M. Shelley

I don't really know how me and Leona became fuck buddies within five minutes of seeing her yesterday

I don't really know how me and Leona became fuck buddies within five minutes of seeing her yesterday. Not that I'm complaining. If anything, I had expected her to ice me out and not even mention anything about what had happened that day.

But, now... now I can't seem to get her out of my head. Ever since that casual kiss we shared in the classroom has done something to my body that is uncontrollable. As I'm laying on my bed, I frustratingly twist and turn, trying to get to sleep. Nothing's working. My mind is reeling with her. Her blonde hair, her dark eyes, her lips, God, even her cute nose.

Sitting up, I run a frustrated hand over my face and run my fingers through my hair, pushing the strands out of my eyes. Getting off of my bed, I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. My parents had gone out of town for a few days to visit some relatives, so I had the whole house to myself.

After getting a glass of water, I hoist myself onto the countertop and take a drink, swinging my legs. I pull out my phone from the hoodie I wore to bed and pulled up Leona's number.

I'm sure she's awake, I say to myself. It's not too late, and I could ask her to come over. Shaking my head, I decide against it and place my phone on the counter. Staring out of the window on the opposite wall to where I sat, I notice the lack of stars in the dark night and the bright moon, fully round.

I close my eyes, releasing a dramatic breath out of my mouth and dropping my head back, leaning it on the cupboard behind me, at the top of the counter. My dark hair falls onto my forehead and covers the corner of my eyesight.

Like most days, my mind travels back to Meredith. Her strawberry blonde hair that always smelt like the perfect blend of lavender and orange. Her bright smile that she always wore on her face. Her bright, green eyes that never lost their light. Her small lips and they way they always sent shivers over my body whenever they touched me. The look of innocence on her face always drew me in. She was so fucking beautiful. She was a wild spirit, she had a soft heart and a sweet soul.

But, I also remembered her conniving smirk when I found out the truth. How everything I loved about her suddenly changed into a ruse when I saw what had happened. What she and Daniel did to me that broke me so much, I couldn't leave my house for months.

My parents began to beg me to go back to college. They offered to have a word with Meredith and her parents but I declined. This wasn't Primary. I could deal with my problems with a mature head. So, I kept my distance from her and cut off my friends. When she tried to talk to me, I decided that I didn't want closure.