Chapter 19- Last Stand

After about an hour, the transport that Eunbi had called in arrived to pick up everyone. The new plane did feel pretty cramped though as there were now nineteen of them in the plane plus Dr. Park.

"Home free, finally." Yunjin says with a sigh.

"Don't speak too soon..." Eunbi warns while giving an ominous look. She didn't elaborate, but the group that had gone on the initial trip remembered the Gaeun-clone that managed to take down their plane. Needless to say, they wouldn't feel safe until they landed, every bit of turbulence causing them jitters.

"You find anything useful on that laptop?" Chaeyeon asks Sakura who was staring into the screen intently.

"So far just stuff about the clones. The plans they had were pretty scary. They wanted to use our clones to coerce our friends and other mutants into surrendering themselves." She responds. Chaeyeon grits her teeth at just thinking about how evil that would've been. If that mutant registration act pushed through, the syndicate would be able to track down any mutant they wanted, and who knows what that could lead to.

"How about Ahn Joon-young? Any information on his whereabouts?" Chaeyeon queries.

"It appears he's already gotten wind of us shutting down the Jeju Island labs. He's gone into hiding; his company branches have been sending out notices on him taking an extended leave."

"But you know where he is, right?" At this, Sakura smirks.

"Of course. He's on his way to Incheon airport to board his private jet and get out of the country."

"You hear that, unnie? We have another stop." Chaeyeon relays to Eunbi who nods and talks to the pilot.

"One more mission to go..." Minju says with an exasperated sigh. Chaewon looks at her girlfriend empathetically knowing the mental toll these missions have been taking not on just her but everyone on the team.

"After this is done, I hope they don't send us on any more missions for a while." She says, but Minjoo shakes her head.

"It's not up to us when we're done, Chae. If there's a call, it's our responsibility to answer it." She replies which surprised the older girl. Minjoo had matured a lot from the timid girl she met months ago.

~~~~

"Alright, girls. We're heading to Incheon where Seunggi-sunbaenim has called in two buses for us. One is for those heading back to PD campus, and the other is for us to beat Ahn Joon-young to the airport." Eunbi announces as they head into their final descent.

"Who's going? I imagine it'd be a bit overkill to send all of us to capture the guy." Yena says, trying to spare Yuri from another ordeal when she was already injured. The younger girl picked up on this though and spoke up.

"Yah, this is the last-last mission already. We're the ones who started it, so we should all be there to end it, don't you think?" She says.

"Are you sure, Yul? We don't know if the guy has any tricks left up his sleeve." Yena whispers.

"All the more reason to bring me along, right? Don't worry too much. I'll be fine. Besides, I know you'll be there to protect me if I need it." Yuri replies with a reassuring smile.

"I guess it's settled. One last IZ*ONE mission." Yena says. The others nod as the plane starts to begin its descent.

~~~~

"Everyone in position?" Eunbi comms to her friends through the mental link. The group had made their way to Incheon airport after making sure Gaeun and the others got onto their transport safely. Now they were all surrounding Ahn Joon-young's private jet, awaiting his arrival.