14. adios mexico

today we were leaving mexico. i was quite nervous about leaving for a couple months. but i wanted to do what made me happy. i was old enough to make my own decisions now.

i look around my room to see clothes scattered everywhere. i was bringing most of my wardrobe, mostly because i didn't want to buy clothes in spain.

after a bit i got all my clothes in my luggage. i looked around my room saying a one last goodbye. i grew up in this room my entire life. i was going to miss my bed.

i walk into the living room to see my dad and diego watching a telenovela together. "no manches" my dad said gasping while he held onto a couch cushion for dear life.

diego turned around once he heard my footsteps. he immediately jumped up to look at me. "ready?" he asked me.

as soon as my dad figured out i was in the room he paused his telenovela. him and diego would watch it together and he wouldn't want to finish any episode without diego.

"pues ya vámonos" my dad spoke grabbing the car keys off the table.

my dad was dropping off me and diego. we both didn't mind it. once we got to the private airport that wasn't too far we saw the team with balloons and signs.

they all looked like emotional recks. "we're going to miss you guys!" kevin said. "me too!" alexis spoke while crying.

"no te preocupes vamos a regresar!" i said hugging them both. they both sobbed into my shoulders. maybe they still had some liquor in their system from the christmas party.

"mija te vamos a extrañar muchísimo" memo said hugging me as alexis and kevin got pulled off of me.

"yo también" the words came softly out of my mouth. no way i was about to start crying.

me and diego gave everyone a hug and excused ourselves before we started crying along with them.

"adiós!! los amo" kevin said getting held back as we walked away waving to them.

we went through security with no issue and soon got to our private gate. there a private jet awaiting for us there. we got on the plane and we were off to spain.

once we got off the plane the cold air of the airport hit me. i texted my dad so he knew we landed safely. he immediately responded back i was shocked because i didn't expect him to be awake.

spain was 7 hours ahead.

different time zones is going to be difficult. "my parents are going to pick us up." i was snapped out of my thoughts by diego.

"what"

"yeah i hope thats okay with you."

i was meeting his parents today?? in a couple minutes?? i was not prepared at all.

word count:475

me to diego