Chapter 2

Something about me:

Mayida (Pronounced as 'Ma--ee--da') was my elder sister's name. It means 'fruits of heaven'. I just love her and her beautiful name more than my own. Hence the pen-name!

Call me 'Ayda' if my username is difficult to remember. I shall reveal my real name after completing this story :)

That will be all. Here is the new chapter :)
____________________

 Here is the new chapter :)____________________

8 years ago,

She was at her wits end. She didn't care if the public investigator's assistant, that bulky woman kept humiliating her or verbally abused her or even pushed her.

She needed help. Period. It's has been two weeks her Dev was gone. Two torturous weeks as if he has vanished from the face of this earth. As if he never existed.

Upon that she was feeling overly emotional these days. Dai-maa (an elderly lady experienced with enough knowledge of pregnancy and childbirths) said it happens in pregnancy. Women tend to become moody and demanding in this phase.

But Khushi didn't have that luxury right now to behave on her own whims even if she is feeling like it.

If Dev was here she would just be herself and lean on him showing as many mood swings as she wanted or felt and he wouldn't have minded. He would have asked her to do whatever pleases her and he would take care of the rest. He always had.

Remembering him made her eyes tear up once again and she willed herself squaring her shoulders to enter back in the place only to be stopped right outside the door by that lady again.

"Oh Bibi, can't you hear what we said? We filed your complaint and searched around. He isn't in this city anymore. What else do you want us to do? Why can't you hear what people are saying? Why can't you understand? If he has been in any trouble we would have found him by now but we didn't because he left on his own. He left you, can't you understand a simple thing?"

The woman just didn't stop there. She cruelly pointed out about the treachery of those type of men who trap innocent women like Khushi in their fake words of love and show them fairytale dreams before they leave the same women behind after getting what they wants or rather say when they get bored.

"He is gone because he is done with you!" Lady huffed out at last and shrieked hard as she felt her hairs being pulled.

This woman did a very bad thing for herself by triggering a high on emotions pregnant woman.

Sobbing Khushi pulled at her hairs vengefully ignoring her squeals of pain and herself cried harder defending her husband that he would never do that to her.

He wasn't like any other man. He was one of a kind. Just one in the whole damn world. He would never cheat her. Never. Ever.

The lady's coworkers surrounded the duo to separate them both and that's when Khushi huffed turning around after glaring at the frustrated lady who was being held by the people and was also spitting fire at her trying to free herself to reach her.