Chapter 10

With her breath stuck in her throat and stomach churning with dread she listened it all as the unknown voice of a man narrated the plan to the one listening to him

The other person only said 'Hmm' in response making her realize that it was another unrecognisable voice of a man she hasn't heard in the palace before.

But she hasn't been to all parts of Palace's either so she couldn't conclude whether they lived in the palace or maybe were the intruders like the one the other night who killed Lady Mahima.

For those moments she totally forgot why was she here or how brutally someone tore down her heart into more tiny pieces causing the already broken shreds mingle with it to hurt her excruciatingly more.

She was just gobsmacked at the men's evil plan that didn't just include the king but if it succeeded then several innocent people would die too.

An involuntary mewl left her and her eyes turned wide as saucers as she heard their voices stopping washing her in cold sweats.

She could feel the vigorous rap of her heart in her ears. Beeping sound buzzed in her head as she heard the quiet steps as if moving out of the adjacent room to this one where she was sitting unarmed. Vulnerable.

She frantically looked around in almost dark to find a place to hide but it was a deserted room with nothing there except for...her eyes went to the left side of the room in the corner as she heard the quiet footsteps nearing, probably they were also being cautious not to let the one who listened to them out of their clutches.

She heard the two pairs of footsteps entering in the room now with her mouth clamped shut as she sat huddled with her knees up to her chest not even breathing pinching her nose as well so that no sound come out this time.

She has had accidentally got to hear some huge consipracy that if she got caught she would be dead for sure. Arsh's face swam before her eyes making it prickle. She can't leave her baby alone. She has to save herself for him.

"There is no one." One of them said.

"Light the torch dammit. We need to be sure!" The other one who was narrating the plan earlier whisper yelled.

Chills ran down her spine as she heard something being flamed up before footsteps walking around the room as if to check until they stopped a few steps near the place she was hiding.

Khushi was constantly praying in her mind desperately to get herself out of here. Please. Please. My Arsh needs me. Please? For my baby. Please. Please? Save me!

As she heard the lid of first big wooden barrel being lifted up she practically froze. Her heartbeat stopped and all the blood drained from her face. Now she didn't need to do much efforts to keep quiet and unmoving as she literally sat there stock still barely breathing at all.

Second lid was then lifted up and closed like the first one before she heard the footsteps stopping right before the one in which she was hiding. She heard the heavy lid being lifted up and tightly shut her eyes in terror of what was about to come.