Chapter 42

"What? Are you feeling ashamed now? Where was this hesitation of yours when you trapped my grandson and had a baby with him out of wedlock?" She snapped spitting fire at her.

Khushi has had heard many court ladies in servant quarters accusing her the same during her initial stay in maids' residence but even that didn't sting as much as these words did coming from this person whom she has just met.

Grandson? ASR's paternal grandparents has passed away long ago, she knew. Everyone in RK knew.

So she would most probably be his maternal grandmother? His Nani?

It makes sense now. She realized why she felt that she has seen her somewhere because the King has had got some minute features of his grandmother. And the same Arsh has inherited too. Hence the familiarity.

Either way Khushi knew her days ahead were going to be hell as ASR has promised her they would be.

What has that King told his grandmother about her that the woman already seemed to be holding a deep grudge against her?

Did he tell her Khushi trapped him? Of course he did.

Does she even know it was her grandson who pursued and proposed her first?

Does she know that they married with all the traditions that a commoner couple go through in RK before she gave herself to him? Of course she won't know.

ASR has filled her ears up with some kind of nonsense and Khushi felt her inside boiling with the audacity of the man.

That marriage was a farce for him for his revenge but she gave her all in it thinking it to be real. Oh how naive she used to be!

She was actually relieved inwardly that she wasn't married to him according to Raichand's royal family traditions.

That too, he wanted to change due to his zeal of revenge by marrying her with all royal traditions to cuff her to him and continue with his tortures for life.

What she wouldn't do to escape but he has had her trapped from all sides. If she erred or tried to negate him he would hurt her baby and Mahi. Her stomach twisted and turned in agony.

A bitter smile formed on her lips as she gave one look to the stern lady before her as fear puffed off her and she reached for the pin on her shoulder.

Just then the door burst open and someone barged in.

"Nani!" The loud happy exclaim made Khushi turn rigid dropping her hand to her side.

Her eyes prickled as she saw right there. The most genuine wide smile on his face with his dimples standing out after a long time.

It's the way it lit up his whole face and made him look younger broke her already shattered heart into another million pieces as the questions rose in her mind again.

Did she snatch that smile from him? Was she the reason he doesn't smile easily anymore?

Khushi saw how the hardness on the Lady's face has also vanished and a bright tender smile formed on her face as she glanced at the King approaching her.