Chapter 38

Make sure you've read Chapter 37 before reading this or you'd be lost :)

Once she gathered her senses she had made a run towards the front of the cottage where her baby was waiting obediently for her as she has asked for him

Seeing her, his eyes lit up and the wide smile he passed her made her heart clench painfully in her chest. He looked behind her searching for his father. Upon not finding him, he frowned. Again, her insides shattered.

Her baby has no idea how much he was being played by the man whom he loves to bits. If she told him they were going far away from the same man it would make Arsh stubborn as she knew by now the matter of his father was sensitive for him.

But, she didn't had time to explain to him either because she needed to rush. She needed to take him away from the darkness his father was hell bent on shoving him in.

"Ashu, baby. Maa is going to make breakfast for you and then we would play one of your favorite games." She went to kneel before him as he was sitting on one of the stairs at the front porch of the cottage.

"Peekaboo?" His eyes lit up. Khushi swallowed past a lump caressing his cheek.

"Hide and seek." She put up an enthusiastic smile. Arsh grinned in anticipation.

"But Baba?" His smile dimmed.

"By the time we would finish playing, your Baba would be back." She put her hands under his arms to pick him up and hang him on her right hip.

"Baba won't have breakfast with us?" Arsh questioned turning her face to him as she entered in the house opening the door.

"He is busy, baby. But he promised to have dinner with us." She kissed his temple. She hated lying to him but she had no other choice.

She needed to save her baby. He was too innocent to notice the malicious intentions of his father.

"Okay." He said like an understanding boy he was. He has spent a wholesome two hours with his father. He was too satisfied with his reunion with his Baba to suspect anything else going around him.

Her heart bled for the heartache her little baby would go through when they would go away from here. But she would heal him. For him to get a normal and safe life, this step was more than necessary.

She didn't know why she has a belief that she could find a way out despite it being twisted. She decided to hold onto that. It gave her strength. She did a double take as she stood inside.

Earlier she was too panicked for Arsh when she came to get water for him inside this very same cottage to notice the surrounding but now as she did she was left speechless once again.

He has made sure it was a perfect illusion of what they once had made their home in their two years of marital life.

The things, the arrangement, the room, the small kitchen in the living room with a low table at one side and a clay stove with necessary essentials at the other.