Chapter 15

They put me in this solid white room about an hour ago. I am still screaming for Peeta. They're trying to take him from me. Hijacked or not I can't lose him again.

After I knocked down his bed and we were lying inches apart while he screamed at me, they took him out of the room. One he was gone they dragged me out, uncontrollably crying.

Now I'm banging on the door trying to get out. I feel like the same girl who was throwing herself at the glass on the hovercraft after the games. Just trying to get to Peeta.

I'm hitting the door so hard it hurts my hands. Suddenly it opens and I try to get out as quickly as possible but the person who opened the door anticipated this and blocks me from going out while he comes in.

He as in Haymitch. Haymitch! Surely he'll know where Peeta is or if he's okay.

"Peeta?" I say very rushed. "Peeta, where's Peeta?"

"Shh Katniss calm down, look at you." Haymitch says in a sympathetic voice.

Oh no, something must be wrong. Haymitch only talks to me like this when something bad has happened.

"I came as soon as I heard you both were in here," he begins to explain.

"Where is he?" I continue to question without concern of his story of his recent activity.

"He's fine. They had to sedate him to calm things down a bit but he's okay."

The second he tells me this relief rushes through me.

"As I was saying," he starts again. "I came but nobody would tell me what happened. That's when I came looking for you. You know they have you in the mental unit of this place?" He says with a slight chuckle at the end. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a flask.

"So... what happened? Why are you here?" He asks while taking a big gulp.

I don't want to tell him but I know he's trying to keep track of us, he is here after all.

What really happened was I was at home and I heard the door open but I thought it was just Greasy Sae leaving. It was really Peeta. He came in and grabbed me by the throat just when Sae came down stairs. She ran out and brought back district officials incredibly fast.

All I tell Haymitch is "He had an episode and Sae called the officials who took Peeta off of me. They told me to stay back at the house but I couldn't lose him again! I was afraid they'd kill him! Please Haymitch just help me get out of here."

He just laughs and takes another swig of his liquor.

"Feels like you guys are going off to the games again," He says with an expression like he's looking back at a happy memory. "You love each other and try to protect one another but you two always find a way to mess it up somehow. Ha."

I don't love Peeta. At least I don't think in the way Haymitch is talking about. I really don't know. I haven't sorted out my feelings in a while.

He see's that his words have got to me and "Okay sweetheart we'll get you out of here and back home. It'll be okay."

But it isn't. They say they're sending Peeta and I somewhere to help us get everything under control.

The Capitol.