Christmas Special 🎄

"What in the world is happening in here?" Pepper cautiously tip-toed over the boxes and the concerning amount of glitter bags that were strewn around the floor. Her husband was hanging a disco ball from the center of the ceiling in his ironman suit, Wanda and Clint were fussing over Christmas lights, and Natasha was peacefully watching Peter attempt to make a gingerbread house. Pepper looked towards the other side of the room just in time to see the overly-large tree fall on top of Sam and Bucky.

"We're decorating," Peter happily answered as he squeezed frosting onto the hardened gingerbread. For the past thirty minutes, he had been trying to build the base of the house, however, it always fell apart. For the past thirty minutes, Natasha had been quietly watching the boy make the same stupid mistakes repeatedly; did she know how to help him? Yes. Was she going to help him? No.

"They wanted to make the holidays a big deal this year," Steve said as he walked into the room. His shield was turned upside down, creating a bowl shape, allowing him to hold hundreds of peppermint candies. Steve thoughtlessly placed the shield onto the counter, grimacing when he watched it knock down Peter's almost successful attempt. Peter stared at the fallen pieces with an open mouth, slowly processing what had just happened. Natasha muffled a laugh with her hand as she used her other to give Steve a playful shove, watching as Peter groaned and laid his head on the countertop. Steve mumbled a 'sorry' before he quickly walked towards Sam to help him out from underneath the tree.

"We don't usually really celebrate so I thought why not," Tony said as he lowered himself to the floor. Then, under his breath, he muttered, "Spent seven million just on these decorations alone."

"What?" Pepper's eyebrows were furrowed in shock and confusion. "You spent what on these decorations?"

"Uh," Tony attempted to find an excuse, but when he failed, Pepper gave him a firm flick on the forehead.

"Are you out of your mind?" Pepper sighed, "Why the hell would you spend seven million dollars on Christmas decorations?" She watched as he glanced toward Peter who was now using his spiderwebs to stick the gingerbread house together.

"Peter said he's never had a very big Christmas," Tony states simply, causing Pepper to roll her eyes and sigh.

"So you decided it was a good idea to spend that much just for one boy?" Pepper asked even though she knew the answer he would give her. She understood why he did it, and honestly, now that she knew that Peter was the reason, she was less upset.

"It also doesn't help that his aunt is working tonight," Tony said, "I didn't want him to be alone and I also wanted to give him a Christmas he would never forget."

"I think spending Christmas with the Avengers would be enough," Clint spoke up, causing Pepper and Tony to glance at him, noticing how he and Wanda were wrapped and tangled in lights. "And can you guys please help me?"

"Help me first," Wanda pleaded as she squirmed on the floor. Somehow she had gotten her arms tied tightly to her side, while the rest of the cord wrapped all around her torso and legs. Meanwhile, Clint was hopping around on one leg due to the other being stuck to Wanda. Popping out of nowhere, Loki pulled out a camera, taking several pictures of the duo, ignoring their shouts of protest. Smirking, Loki disappeared once again, leaving the struggling heroes screaming.

"I am going to fall over," Clint begged Tony and Pepper, "Please help me."

"Well at least you're still standing," Wanda rolled her eyes, "I've been on the floor for the past five minutes."

"Yeah," Clint narrowed his eyes at the witch, "And I've been getting a balancing leg workout for the past five minutes while you've been taking a nap. I think I should get help first."

"My arm has been twisted into the worst position possible and now it's numb," Wanda groaned, "I think I should get help first."

"Oh, no, it's numb?" Clint watched as Wanda nodded, "Well, then I guess it doesn't hurt anymore. I, however, am not numb anywhere, so I would like help first."

"Shut up," Wanda finally said, looking back to where Tony and Pepper stood; however, they were gone, and Thor stood in their place with a pop tart.

"Mortal customs are interesting," Thor munched on his pop tart, turned away, and walked away from the desperately screaming idiots.

------

(A/N)

A little late for Christmas but eh, whatever. I hope you enjoyed this mess of a chapter :] I'll get back to normal updates as soon as possible.

Hopefully your Christmas (or just weekend) was relaxing <3 I got gouache paint and lord help me. I'm horrible at painting. If any of you use gouache and have any tips please tell me 🙏