[VI] Betrayal of an Angel/To Sanctuary... Again!

[Sanctuary, Pandora]
{(Y/N) (L/N) POV}

Trekking back to Sanctuary after dealing with Wilhelm, but no Vault Key, but managed to get an advanced power core instead, and helping Tina with something as payment for helping us with the train-jacking, but that entire fight with Wilhelm still had me on edge.

(Y/N): It couldn't have been that easy... Something is definitely wrong...

Gaige: [nudges my shoulder] Hey, (Y/N), what's up?

(Y/N): Huh? Just thinking is all, Gaige. Why don't you and Maya hand the power core over to Davis. Meet us in Sanctuary.

Gaige: Got it. Let's go, Maya.

Maya: Okay.

Before they left to Davis, Maya took off my helmet and gave me a kiss as did Gaige until Maya put my helmet back on and the two left towards Davis. I looked around for Zer0, but he wasn't around.

(Y/N): [looks at Lilith] Lilith, where did Zer0 go?

Lilith: He already left to Sanctuary.

(Y/N): [chuckles, shakes head] Damn assassin... [sighs] Shall we?

Lilith: Sure.

Lilith and I continued towards Sanctuary and made our way towards Crimson Raider HQ, but my mind was still stuck on Wilhelm's death. Lilith seemed to notice my silence.

Lilith: [concerned] (Y/N), what's wrong?

(Y/N): [silent, sighs] Lilith... something feels off.

Lilith: [confused] What are you talking about?

(Y/N): [removes helmet] That entire fight with Wilhelm was off. You and Roland, both told us that he almost killed you both and Mordecai back in New Haven and Wilhelm made it out without a scratch.

Lilith: And?

(Y/N): Even with my Titans, that fight shouldn't have been easy.

Lilith: What? Are you saying that Wilhelm was poisoned or something?

(Y/N): That's exactly what I was thinking. Something that made Wilhelm weak. Plus, even though Handsome Jack is an asshole, he wouldn't have acted sarcastic like the way he did when we killed his best man.

Lilith: [thinks more] I think you may be ri--

Lilith was interrupted by the sound of the shield acting off and the rumbling of Hyperion Moon Blitz. Lilith almost fell, but I caught her.

(Y/N): Lilith, you okay?

Lilith: Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you. What the hell was that?

As if some cosmic fuckery was listening, the asshole speaks over the ECHO.

[Handsome Jack]: [Hey, you know, I think it's finally time to tell you that little secret.]

(Y/N): What fucking secret?

[Handsome Jack]: [Angel's working for me.]

Immediately, I felt a knife was plunged into my chest when Jack said that.

(Y/N): Angel... No... Please tell me that's a lie...

Angel: [sad tone] I'm sorry, (Y/N)... [sighs] Lowering Sanctuary's shields, Jack... Executing Phase Shift.

Once more, the shields were cut off and the ground started to shake from the moonshots.

[Handsome Jack]: [Nicely done, Angel! Now... let's kill ourselves some Vault Hunters.]