[XIII] Assault on Angel's AI Core

[Thousand Cuts, Pandora]
{(Y/N) (L/N) POV}

Now was the time to go save Angel and retrieve the Vault Key from Jack's grasp. Now entering Thousand Cuts, via FTS, we were all ready for the fight ahead, although we had to go through Slab Town to get anywhere.

[Roland]: [Claptrap should be at the first hurdle. Get to him and have him lower the death wall.]

(Y/N): Will do, Roland. Let's get going.

Moving into the Slab Town, we all had to go through a firefight against the Slab Bandits of Slab Town, because they're fucking idiots. Either way, the bandits were eliminated as we continued through the town and crossed a makeshift bridge towards another section of Slab Town, but once we arrived, we were met with a mass firefight between the Slab Bandits and Hyperion Loaders. Looking around, I spotted a nearby turret.

(Y/N): Sal, take control of that turret and rain hell.

Salvador: ¡Sí, capitán!

With Salvador rushing towards the nearby turret, the rest of us began fighting between the Sab Bandits and Hyperion Loaders. While Salvador took control of the turret, Axton added his placement turrets around adding support to Salvador. Zer0 took the highest point, while killing the bandits along the way and provided sniper support. Throwing down an A-Wall, I was firing through the shield while Maya and Gaige, throwing out DT to hack and slash, knowing all this was just the beginning to save Angel. Soon after, the battle ends with blood of bandits around and robotic parts of loaders everywhere.

(Y/N): That's the end of all that. Let's go meet up with Claptrap.

Back together, we crossed the war-torn section of Thousand Cuts until I heard the sound of someone spray painting nearby. Once in view, we all caught Claptrap spraying graffiti on a random piece of metal, and it was a graffiti of Claptrap while "CL4P-TP WAS HERE."

(Y/N): [clears throat] Claptrap.

Claptrap: Ready to go?

(Y/N): Yeah, we are.

Claptrap: Minions! I've started my attack! I'm gonna tag every inch of this mountain if it's the last thing I do! Let's go! [moves] We're gonna make Jack regret ever setting up shop on this cliff! It'll take him minutes to wash this graffiti off! MINUTES, I SAY! HAHAHAHA!

Following Claptrap until we reached the "death wall" and Claptrap passes through but stops and looks at us.

Claptrap: Hey! You comin' or not?

Maya: Claptrap, we need YOU to disable the barrier. We're not robots like you.

Claptrap: Oh. Right. You're not Hyperion robots. I forget that sometimes.

Gaige: How do you even forget that?!

(Y/N): Gaige-boo, this is Claptrap.

Gaige: [deadpan] ...right.

Claptrap rolls over towards the control panel nearby and began tapping away at some buttons before looking at us once more.

Claptrap: Aaaaaaand...open!

We watched as the barrier flickered a couple times before being disabled altogether.

Claptrap: Onward!

Once the barrier fell, we all charged through trying to get up as fast as we could, but the incoming sounds of Brick's buzzards came to view.

[Brick]: [Got some buzzards headin' your way, Slab!]