[XI] Caustic Cavern Adventure/The Bane

~Two Days Later~
[Caustic Cavern, Pandora]
{(Y/N) (L/N) POV}

Nearing the Caustic Cavern, I was accompanied by both Gaige and Zer0 for a mission for Sir Hammerlock, mainly regarding the crystalisks and their sudden hostility to humans.

~Flashback~
[Moxxi's Bar, Sanctuary, Pandora]

After a couple days of resting, I was talking with Sir Hammerlock as he needed help with something. At the moment, Sir Hammerlock and I were having a couple drinks as we talked about the mission.

(Y/N): So, Hammerlock, what was it you needed help with?

Sir Hammerlock: You see, (Y/N), have you been curious as to why the crystalisks have become hostile to humans?

(Y/N): I remember Angel mentioning that before. Said something about Dahl causing the crystalisks to turn hostile.

Sir Hammerlock: Yes, well, if you could find out just what got up the crystalisk's collective bum and made them so cross I'd be willing to pay you a pretty penny. Metaphorically. I'll be paying you a great deal more than a penny, it's just a saying I'm fond of. Off to the Caustic Caverns with you!

(Y/N): Not a problem, Hammerlock.

Getting up from the booth, I paid Moxxi for both mine and Hammerlock's drinks and went out, luckily, I had my armor on when Hammerlock called me to talk. From there, I tried calling to see if anyone would join me.

(Y/N): [contacts everyone] Hey, I got a mission from Hammerlock to the Caustic Caverns, anyone want to join me?

[Gaige]: [I will! I haven't joined you for anything for a while now! I'll meet you at the FTS!]

[Zer0]: [I shall join as well. / Never been to the Caustic / Caverns. Be there soon.]

After those two, no one else joined in, but Maya said she was dealing with something with Lilith's help. Probably a Siren thing, but I made my way to the FTS and waited for Gaige and Zer0. Once they arrived, and after giving Gaige a quick kiss, the three of us used the FTS to the Caustic Caverns.

~End of Flashback~
[Caustic Caverns, Pandora]

Anyways, the three of us arrived at the main door leading into the Caustic Caverns, which Gaige and I have been to once before with Salvador, but this time, we got Zer0, and like before we saw the forgotten equipment and vehicles of Dahl.

Zer0: Interesting lo- / -cation. Anything I should / know about? In case.

(Y/N): Besides the varkids, crystalisks, and the corrosive river, nothing else comes to mind.

Gaige: Yeah, last time we were here, we had to get... eugh... Marcus's "precious contents" inside.

Zer0: [?] That bad?

(Y/N): Well, Marcus failed to mention his "precious contents" were very lewd snapshots of Moxxi, who apparently was his wife at some point. Still can't see it happening.

[Moxxi]: [Believe it, Sugar.]

(Y/N): Thank you, Moxxi. [looks around] Now, let's look around for-- Oh shit! VARKIDS!

As I said, there were varkid larvae coming at us, which were a lot. At least a dozen, or more, hard to keep track of them sometimes. Anyways, the three of us had to fight the swarm that was coming at us, and prevent a few from turning into adults, or worse... Badass Varkids.... Eventually, we took care of the swarm, and a couple more jumping from an area to our left, which was blocked off by a sealed door.