Chapter Thirty One

On the final day of our time off Arilynn and I flew back home to Boston though I didn't want her to feel pressured I'd been debating on having her stay with me for the night and the following day she goes back to her dorm.

Also you're suspicious of Natalia.

My mind had reminded me of this once again paired with more intrusive and unenjoyable thoughts on everything I'd mentioned or thought about in the last two days.

I had also recently found my mind racing around my father, more so how I'd be succeeding him as CEO of Winters Group. The second one ever.

He hadn't explained to me what it was like, neither of my parents had. They'd likely left it to me so I could be my own person but it scared the shit out of me.

Don't be a priss and grow up.

Thank God Arilynn was watching a movie in the bedroom quarter at the back of the plane, I was just sitting in the main cabin on my laptop once again working though this time it was on a school project.

Conveniently my business trip landed on a day where our teacher wanted us to do a project on a business or how a certain type of business would be ran. You'd think as a business college where students wished to enter into said industry would have parameters for it but no. So I was waiting to see the marks of guess-work rather then actual evidence and source work that would go into it.

I actually felt bad for people who were homeschooled and missed the dynamic of social skills that business heavily relied on. That was a key piece in this project. I'd lied of course. No one was to know my true name so the fact we all digitally sent in these projects was a massive relief to me.

People do know your name, it's starting to circulate.

Fuck off.

The mental battle began scrambling my thoughts, and since I was incredibly mentally strong how I could block it out while having separate thoughts was an enigma to me.

It was a thirty minute flight though and I had somehow managed to write a nearly twelve hundred word essay on all of my project to attach in explanation to all of it.

"You know it's not good to work every waking hour of the day, your brain needs resting time" Arilynn says walking into the room while I tilted my head back to look at her.

"It does, when I sleep" I respond and she gives me a flat look. She was like a mother and the fact she was small didn't help even if that gorgeous face could get anyone to do what she wanted.

Even me to a certain degree.

"Nathanial Winters, I swear to God I will strangle you so you sleep" she threatens teasingly.

"But then I'd feel horrible for harming such a pretty face" Arilynn adds wrapping her arms around the chair and resting them folded on my sternum.

"You think I'm pretty" I quip.

"You're irritating sometimes you know that, but yes" she says resting her chin on my forehead.

"Absolutely I do love" I reply as she got off of me and moved to sit in one of the chairs beside me but opposite facing.

"It's a good thing you're handsome" she mutters, a small smile on her lips.

"I'm aware" I smirk.

This light teasing was a practical cornerstone for our relationship because it kept everything stress-free. We could laugh and simply be in one anothers company while knowing that the other was always there. We were just more like kids when with each other. I felt relaxed, and she felt safe. I could tell by how private moments were always intimate while never being pushy. We were just comfortable in the others presence.