Twelve

I cut myself off seeing the way he looked at me. It was different than usual and it caught me off guard. "I-"

"Did you ever know that you have pretty eyes?"

"What?! Why'd you say that all of a sudden?"

"Sorry. I just had to say it." He says. Holding my hand to help me get up with him. "It's just umm... You've been pretty honest with me for a couple of times. I just think it wouldn't hurt if I told you my honest feelings too." He says. And he started to awkwardly walk off which also caught me off guard. "Wait!- Qi fang." I rush to his side, not being able to catch up since his long legs were faster than me. "What with you all of a sudden?"

"I... I don't know... It's just..." He slows down so that I could catch up. "Back at the spring trip. I had so much fun spending time with you." He stops from his footsteps to look at me. I looked back, awaiting for him to continue. "I started to realize that I...

I.."

He continues to stare at me. And then he suddenly closes his eyes and immediately started to walk off. "Never mind..." Whu... WHAT.

"Sorry I can't really say what I'm thinking. It's just-" I him off as I ran up to block his way and pulled him down for a kiss. His eyes widen from my sudden action. My palms started to sweat from this. As I let go a sudden realization happened. I did a random act out of frustration! "I-I'm sorry! It was just sudden and you were just irritating me and-" Qi fang takes my hand that caused me to freeze up. He slowly bends down and gives the top of my hand a peck. "It's alright." We both stayed quiet while staring at each other. "D... Don't try to hide your feelings ever again. Or I'll have to do that so suddenly again." I say, changing our hand position for it to intertwine. Qi fang laughs a bit while covering his mouth. "To be honest, I'd like those surprises."

-

"Thanks for walking me to cram school, y/n."

"No prob, I needed a walk anyways." I bid farewell to my classmate and walked over the the public basketball court second high students usually go to after school. It was empty due to the final exams coming soon so everyone was busy. I didn't realize the sound of a ball being hit against the floor when I walked in the court. Only to see Qi fang shooting hoops alone. He turns to spot me after hearing my footsteps. We both didn't move as we continued to stare at each other. My eyes widen at the realization that I was staring at mop head. And slowly turned around wanting to run away. Since I've been avoiding confrontation from him all day since last night. "y/n, wait." (Comment if you prefer I use the name "y/n" instead of using y/n.) I froze hearing his voice. The voice I kept running away from. I started to him him walking up to me. "What's wrong?" I tried to think of something, but I couldn't. "y/n."

"I don't know what's wrong with me." I say after hearing his voice call my name again. I slowly turn around and looked at him. "Funny how... I'm the one hiding the feelings this time." I say scratching the back of my head. "That doesn't seem very fair."

"I know it's just..." I sigh. "This." I motion my hands to him and me. "It's really confusing. Like... Are we? A couple?" Qi fang didn't respond. He only kept staring at me. He looked like he was analyzing me. "Do you want to?"

"Yes? No? I don't know." I pinch my bridge of my knows. "I guess I just kissed you in the heat of the moment."

"I hope you didn't regret it." He says. I look up at him. "I didn't."

"Do you... Wanna go on a date?" My eyes widen. And then stared at him confused. "Why are you asking that all of a sudden?"

"I'm not sure about this either. Maybe if we went out. And not the usual after school outings we usually do. But like, an actual date. Maybe we'll be able to find out. You know?" I look to the side, putting my hand on my chin. "Mmmh... Yeah sure. Why not. Wouldn't hurt to try." I say, sending him a smile. He smiles back cutely which made me giggle, never realizing his goofiness before. "Umm... Sun Jing is in the library studying. She invited me. Do you... Wanna?"

"Yes, of course."

-

"Sun Jing. Did you hear the joke?" I tap Sun Jing's shoulder. "Huh?" She removes one of her earphones. "Wait, is that why you were so quiet?" I asked while qi fang was trying his best not to laugh. "Oh, sorry. I put these on 'cuz you guys wouldn't stop talking. I couldn't really focus."

"Focus, talking. Holy shit it's been an hour and we still haven't studied shit." Mop head said seeing the clock. "God, you're right. I'm so sorry, but I think it's better if I study alone." I say standing up and grabbing my things. "Wait really? Text me when you get back home 'kay?" Qi fang says pouting. "I will, I will." I say ruffling mop heads pretty hair. "Bye guys!" I wave them off before leaving the library. "Wow, now I know what you and Qin Xiong feel when I'm with Qiu tong."

-

I stretched my back. Feeling relieved after finished 3 days worth of exams. "y/n! y/n! Someone's waiting for you." A classmate of mine calls. I look over in curiosity. Surprised to see Qi fang there. Hi waves over to me. I started to pack my things faster. My face getting red and ignoring the stares people kept doing on mop head. "Why, you so in a hurry?"

"Oh, just gonna hang out with friends!" I say embarrassingly to my friend. "Geez you keep on hanging out with Xuezhang's it feels like you're one yourself." She say's teasingly. I stick my tongue out and ran off to the door.

Suggest ideas in the comments for me to write.