Eighteen

Ding dong~

"Ah, good afternoon miss, Peng. Unfortunately, Young master Fang is asleep."

"Really? It's already 2pm though." I say as the maid lets me inside. "Shall I wake him up then?"

"Oh, no that's unnecessary. Thank you again." The maid bows and tuns to the kitchen and serves me a drink of my choice. I pull my phone out to entertain me. My body flinches when I heard a door open. I heard steps coming from the stairs to spot Qi fangs father popping out. His eyes widen to spot me there. He looked haggard. It seemed he had also just woken up. "Oh... y/n was it?"

"Yes, sir."

"H... Have you seen my wife?"

"No, sir. Your maid is in that room though." I point to said door. "Oh." He knocks on the door to ask where his wife is. She answers that he went out to do groceries on her own. He sighs and walks to the other side of the pent house to go to the kitchen. A few moments has passed as he comes back with a plate and glass. "You don't mind if I eat here. Right?"

"No. Not at all." He settles in as he started to eat. "Umm... y/n. Wanted to ask. About my son."

"Oh. Ask away, sir." He pauses for a moment. Hesitating to ask. "How is he like?"

"Mh? Umm... He's a great kid. His classmates says he has really great grades... He's a trouble maker at times. Like a normal teenager. He's great at court. Popular in school. And...

He's lovable. He cares for people he believes are important. He has an instinct when saving people. He's generally... A great person." I say. Not realizing I was smiling to myself the more I talk about him. But I didn't realize the more I talk about him. The more his father frowns. "Could you give me some advice?"

"Of course sir."

"I... I finally got myself a vacation. And I wanted to spend this time with my family. And it seems Fang isn't happy with my arrival."

"Oh... Sir. Qi fang's like that since he never saw you as a real Father figure." I immediately close my mouth. Not wanting to offend him. "No, it's true.

I focused too much on my work. I wanted to work hard for the sake of my family. That I... Didn't realize... I was distancing myself from my family too much.

My wife always reassures me that she's fine. I decided that she was on continued to work on." His eyes widen when arms were wrapped around his neck. He looks over to see his wife. Smiling before him. Who kept on shushing me when she was sneaking behind his husband. "And my reassurance sure did won you over, aye? I told you. Me and Qi fang are fine. But I wish he spoke to me more about you though. If he ever told me how much he misses you. Then I would've told you to come back home."

"I just wish he'd give me a chance." They both look over to me which made me flinch. "How about you go into Fang's room? He'll be okay with you being in there." His mom says. I nod as I approach the stairs.

-

I knocked before entering, slowly opening the door to see he was still fast asleep. 3:40. I've been here for over 30 minutes now. Should I wake him up? I sat on the chair beside his bed. And pulled out my phone to text him. Surely he'd wake up from the dings right?

"Huh?" He mumbles while slowly pulling his head up to grab his phone. He jumps seeing me stare back at him as he immediately falls on the other side. I panicked as I ran to the other side. Qi fang reassures me telling me he was ok. "Why are you here anyways?"

"Oh, so you don't wanna see you're girlfriend after not going to school for 2 days?" I teasingly asked. "What?? Of course I do! I'm sorry I didn't go to school today." He says sniffing he approaches me from behind, but I back away. "No no, you know you're sick." He whines like a puppy.

-

I went downstairs, wanting to cook mop head something as an apology for not going to his house yesterday and the day before. The maid was there telling me his parents left for a small date. I texted Qi fang about his parents which made him get out of his room. Knowing he didn't want to leave his room because of his father. The maid went in her room so I went straight to the kitchen to cook up some soup enough for the whole house. I felt hands hug my stomach from behind as his chin lays on my shoulder. I flinched from the sudden approach since this is probably a first time he's ever been this close. He immediately backs away from my reaction. "S-sorry. Was it too much?" I shook my head while looking at him. "If you're not sick, it's fine, but you can't because of your sickness." I say. He pouts as he sits on a chair behind me. Wanting to watch me cook while laying his front on the bar table. He's never been this clingy. Since usually I'm the one who does the first move. Maybe it's 'cuz he's sick? "What are you making?"

"Mh? Some soup. To impress your parents."

"But my maid is always the cook here."

"We talked. She said it's fine if I cooked dinner. Besides. She just finished with the rice." I say pointing at the rice cooker. A few minutes passes. I felt Qi fang stand beside me. Getting bored at sitting down. "Why won't you go play with your phone?"

"No. I want to spend time with my wonderful wife."

"Your girlfriend, mop head."

"What? Why haven't we married, yet?" He whines again as he rubs his head on the side of my head. I giggle as I caress his cheek.

I'm ran out of ideas. Comment ideas for a proper closure for this book.