Sixteen

I'm immediately regretting this now.

I felt extremely overwhelmed and intimidated by the large and fancy waiting lounge in the current condominium I'm currently in. It looked more like a 5 star hotel to me. "Ah, y/n!" I flinched and immediately stood up after spotting Qi fang who just got out of the elevator. "You ready?" I immediately shook my head. Mop head laughs and mutters cute to me which caused me to panic about his comment instead of the current situation right now. "It's alright, love. I'll be by your side the whole time." He says lending his hand for me to hold. Wait. I don't remember us ever holding hands like this before. Well doesn't matter I need the emotional support. I immediately grab his hand as he takes me to the elevator.

-

"Hey! Welcome to the senior high building newbie!" Sun Jing says giving me a high five. "It feels weird being in the same building as you guys, but it's great." I say. "I'm just glad I don't have to climb 3 flights of stairs to get to class for now." I say sighing in relief. "You'll be in the same canteen as us though, that's a plus."

-

After school. A small crowd started to crowd up by the school gate. I was walking with Qi fang since he insisted on waiting for me since I was assigned to clean the classroom. And also 'cuz we were gonna have a convenient store date after school. "Hey mop head! Your moms here!" One of his classmates call. His eyes widen and my body froze. People had started to disperse and leave when Qi fang showed up. When it had finally started to get some space since some teachers started to scold students for blocking the gate. We spot a very fancy limo. The word mom echoed through my mind so I immediately stopped following Qi fang and stood by the gate. There were no longer people looking especially after Qi fang told some students to stop staring. There were only a few students who were walking in and out of the school. The car door window slid down, but I couldn't hear the conversation. But it seemed Qi fang was a little irritated. A few moments had passed. I saw the door opened which got me nervous. And his mother stepped out. She resembled her son so much. She wore such formal and expensive clothing, with such sparkly heels. She looked as much of a model as Qi fang could be. She spoke to him for a few seconds. And immediately turns to me which made me squeal and wanted to pee at that moment. Starts to walk over me which made both me and mop head panic. As Qi fang was following her mom. "Mom, wait-"

"There she is! This must be the lucky lady!" She says she immediately pulls me in for her to kiss both my cheeks. "Mom, please don't make a scene. We're not making this public."

"Really now? Well that doesn't matter. Anyways. I've been dying to meet you ever since I saw my sons lock screen wallpaper." She smiles to me, putting both hands on her hips. "Wait... He has me as his wallpaper?-"

"Why yes! Of course. Anyways I'd love to talk more, but I went here to take Qi fang to a family matter. Oh! How about we get to know each other in dinner?"

"Family matter? Why now-"

"I'll tell my son the schedule for you to know alright? We have to go, dear. I'll see you in dinner!"

"y/n, I'm so sorry this was unexpected. We'll hang out next week-"

-

"Oh. Well the family matter was actually a family reunion that was badly scheduled." I nod in relief. Since I was a little worried with what was up. "You look good in that dress by the way." He smiles. I squeezed his hand as I thanked him. I believe it was his first seeing me in a dress, well besides his birthday last year. I had to dress up for this occasion. I was nervous about his mother's opinion of me.

-

"So. How'd the two of you meet?" We both flinched at the first question. I look over to Qi fang, not wanting to tell her. Mop head clears his throat. "Sun Jing pranked her which got me in trouble with her dad." He continues to explain further more. His mom's concerned look turned into laughter at the end. "I see you're also interested in basketball. I actually taught Qi fang how to play the sport." She says. "Oh really? Well I would love to probably watch you play then miss Qi."

"Oh I'm a little rusty. I wanted to ask. Did you like the food? 'Cuz I wanted to cook tonights dinner since I wanted to impress you."

"I-Impress me? I'm trying to impress you miss Qi. Also your cooking is wonderful." I say blushing a little. Feeling relieved at her honesty. "I'm absolutely relieved with your answer. 'Cuz I'm also really rusty with my cooking. I haven't cooked in a whil-" Her mother was cut off when we both heard the entrance door open. I felt like I turned white. Spotting a tired middle aged man stare at us. I wanted to jump off a building when we made eye contact. "Ah, honey. I didn't know you were going home today." Oh so my assumptions were right. That must be Qi fangs father. Qi fang looked down on his food. "Sorry for being late. You told me that Qi fang's girlfriend was visiting today. So I wanted to bring home a welcoming gift for her." He says as he takes his jacket off and started to call the maid to help him with his things. "Alright." He starts to approach the table to sit next to Qi fang. Since his wife was sitting at the end of the table while both me and Qi fang sat across from each other beside Qi fangs mom. Qi fang immediately stands up with his plate and glass and sat next to me. His father sighs as he sits on Qi fangs former seat. He seemed annoyed the whole time he did this.