Nineteen

"You cooked for us, y/n? You shouldn't have."

"I insist. It's a thanks for being so supportive of me and Qi fang's relationship."

"Has our son eaten, yet?"

"Actually, he's gonna eat in his room. You don't mind if I join him?"

"It's alright." I saw the forced smile his mother gave me, as it soon started to turn into a frown. I picked up the tray and ran off. Not wanting to see that hurtful look on both of his parents no more. When I entered, Qi fang immediately beams. Helping me with the tray. I smile at his enthusiasm walking to sit on the floor while he sits on the end of the bed, the tv already turned on to netflix. He sat there since I told him earlier to give me some distance since he was still sick. Since he kept on clinging to me earlier while I was cooking.

We found a show watch while we ate. It was one of my favorites that I've been meaning to watch again. I spoke to Qi-fang about the show and why I liked it so much. Not realizing he kept gazing at me the whole time. When I do notice, I bonk his head since he had forgotten to eat his food. He finishes it eventually. He gave me his medicine which I was confused about. "Can you give it me like a nurse?" He pleads. I laugh and just handed it back to him. Pouring him a glass of water and giving it to him. Never knew he wanted to be baby'd this much. Especially since his maid told me he's usually pretty independent. It was already 7pm. Qi fang laid beside me as I was sitting up on his bed. He was getting sleepy already. It was probably because I kept patting his head the whole time. And every time I stop he'd ask me to keep going. "Mop head?" Qi fang hums in reply. "I wanted to speak to you... About your parents..." He doesn't say anything as a sign for me to continue. "I understand you don't like your father that much. But... It seems like he's trying his best."

"I'm aware.

He's never been in a vacation for this long before. It's just obvious he's doing this for me."

"Then why aren't you giving him a chance?"

"Because it's awkward. My father is like a stranger to me. I've known my maid longer than him. And our maid a was just hired last year. Besides. He's not trying hard enough to try to get to know me. All he does is sit in moms room or sometimes stay in the living room to eat." That's exactly what you do though. I kept those thoughts to myself. Not wanting to trigger him at some sort. "Why can't you approach him then?"

"That just means I'm giving him a favor. When he's the one who owes me."

"So you want him to visit your room?"

"I..." He stays quiet. Putting his face on his pillow. "Do you want me to talk to him?" He shakes his head. "How a bout your mom?" He hesitates for a moment. Then nods. "Just... Don't make it too obvious. I want him to figure it out on his own. He was able to start a successful company on his own. Surely he's smart enough to figure this out." He exclaims. While turning his head to look at me. I brush his messy hair off his face. A sudden ding came from my phone. Checking to see it was my father. "Are you leaving already?" I nod which caused him to frown. I giggle as I give him a peck on his forehead before leaving.

-

"y/n?" I flinched spotting his parents sitting on the couch. Accidentally dropping one of my things in the process of going down the stairs. "Y-yes?"

"You're leaving?" I nod. "Well... You forgot to get your gift from last time." His moms says handing me a paper bag that had a popular brand on it. I bow to the both of them. "Oh... I wanted to tell you, mrs. Qi. Qi fang's been expecting guest. And not from me or his friends." I say. Mrs. Qi looks at me in a confused manner. I just smile awkwardly, dashing to the door. "Ah, wait. One of our drivers are going to take you home, sweetie." His mother says. Before holding the knob. "Oh and y/n?"

"Yes, sir?" I look over to the couple.

"Thank you. For being on my sons side."

-

Knock
Knock
Knock.

He slowly creaks the door open. It's been days since Qi fangs cold went down. He looks over and frowns only to see him. His father. He awkwardly stood there. Not knowing what to say. He looks over to the door to see his wife giving him a thumbs up. He sighs and looks over back to Qi fang who was studying. He clears his throat. Wanting to start the conversation about what he's doing. But his wife told him that would make mop head angrier. "I wanted to talk to you. About us. About how I've never been there to help you out. With your studies, advice. All that."

"Clearly, I didn't need your help. Seeing how I'm having the healthiest relationship with my girlfriend and friends. And how I'm part of the top five in my grade." Qi fang scoffs while his father just sighs. "I know. What I mean is. I'm sorry. For not being by your side. For not being there as an actual Father figure. I know that your mother had probably told you that I'm only absent because of my work. And you know that I'm only doing that for you and your mother's sake. And I thank you for your patience. Still though. I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you weather or not you needed me. That's why I'm here now. To try to catch up as much as I can." Qi fang sighs and continues to work. "I understand." He says as he walks off. His wife rubs his back when he left the room. "Umm..." They both flinch as they turn to see Qi fang slightly creaking his door open. "Thank you." He says before closing the door. His wife smiles seeing his husbands relieved face.

Next chapter is the final chapter.