{~Chapter 7: The Real Game~}

"After all I've won and lost and won again... you all think I was really gonna let a ragtag gang of mortals take it from me?" Spider Queen hissed, slowly approaching the shaking little girl, who was tied up in the fiend's webs. She whimpered as the demon raised one of the mech's legs, aimed to kill.

"Bai He!" The others shouted.

The girl's eyes teared up, and she turned her head away, squeezing her eyes shut and waiting for the inevitable. Just as the Spider Queen was about to swing the leg down, she felt the power of the mech drain away. Gasping, she whipped around to see the green lights shutting off.

"My powers!" She gasped, only able to watch as all the power she stole slowly fade away.

Suddenly, there was crashing and roaring as the Demon Bull King came pounding his way through the mech.

"I AM NO ONE'S SLAVE!!" He roared, fist aimed for the Spider Queen. She jumped out of the way, and the impact loosened everyone's bindings and allowed them to break free. DBK went over to rip the webs off of his son.

"Father..." The demon muttered. DBK simply turned around, growling in the direction of the spider demon. Red Son turned to get Mei out of her webs, who instantly ran over to check on Bai He.

"Bai He! Are you okay?!!" Mei asked, checking the girl for injuries. She shook her head.

"I'm... I'm fine. Is this what you have to face every day?" She asked the dragon girl. Mei simply shrugged in response. The girls turned with the rest of the team to face the Spider Queen, who was laughing manically.

"All of you together can't beat me! I am the queen!" She declared, an unstable grin stretching from ear to ear.

"Oh, yeah?"

Gasping, everybody looked up.

"Well, I'm the king!" Sun Wukong leapt down from the building behind them, also dropping into a fighting stance.

If looks could kill, perhaps even the great Monkey King would've been struck down by the Spider Queen's venomous glare.

"If I can't rule this world... no one can! I'll level this whole city!" She screamed, leaping back onto her mech and using the last embers of power it had to charge it back up.

It was now or never.

<***>

Sitting on top of the building just minutes after the battle, Sun Wukong made a mental note to try and do less damage to the city next time there was a full-scale fight.

"Monkey King?"

The simian turned to see the others staring at him. He awkwardly stared back.

"Uh... why is everyone-?"

Suddenly, the scholar ran right up to him, eyes sparkling. "Monkey King! I'm you're biggest fan!! I—!"

"Tang! Give the guy some air, will ya?" The pig pulled the Tang back.

"Oh, uh, sorry."

Sun Wukong waved his hand dismissively. "No worries."

"Uh, you alright, monkey? You seem... off." Mei pointed out.

Sun Wukong and DBK exchanged glances for a split second. To tell them or not to tell, that is the question.

The simian forced a grin on his face. "Off? Really? Pfft! Nope! I'm just a little exhausted from the fight. Been a while since I've really had to battle a demon."

The Bull demon scoffed, turning away. Of course he wasn't going to tell them. Leave it to Sun Wukong to keep the most valuable information from others.

It would definitely come back to bite him later.

<***>

Back down in the lair, the Spider Queen let out all her frustrations on her new assistant.

"Where were you?!" She demanded. "What happened to my destiny?!"

He stepped into view, eyes glowing blue. "Your destiny has not been changed or diminished. Your enemies have done exactly what we needed."

With that, he raised his arm, and the Trigram Furnace floated into the room. Smirking, he turned to the Spider Queen.

"And now, My Queen...

The real game can begin."

<*********>

A/N: To clear it up, I'm going to be switching back in forth from referring to MK/LBD as 'she' and 'he' depending on the POV. For example, if it's one of the spider's POV (before the last couple s2 episodes) I'm going to use he/him pronouns. If it's LBD's or Sun Wukong's POV, I'll be using she/her pronouns.