{~Chapter 13: Chilling Discovery~}

Red Son growled, frustrated at the lack of progress in their search. He tossed the list of possibilities (provided by Mei it seemed, from all the more outlandish scenarios placed on the list) onto the floor. The others had gone out to do what had to have been the third search of the day. The sun was already setting.

"This is hopeless!" He muttered to himself, grabbing at his hair. "It's like that Noodle Boy just vanished into thin air!"

Huffing, the demon tried to calm down.

Okay, he thought. Think. We've confronted almost every single possible suspect on the list.

Those random and absolutely annoying gold and silver demons...

They've throughly searched my own home...

We've interrogated a few other random hostile-looking demons...

Come to think about it, we've interrogated every single possible person. Everyone except the—

Red Son froze mid thought. But the realization hit him so suddenly, so harshly that he had to grab the the table so he wouldn't topple over.

They've interrogated just about everyone...

Except for that spider menace.

Of course! Of course they should have confronted her already! Heck, she should've been one of the first demons at the very top of Dragon Girl's list! That eight-legged freak hated MK almost more than anything else in the world!

The fire demon steadied himself, trying to calm down. He couldn't make any sudden conclusions. He needed to investigate.

Red Son checked the clock. The others left a few minutes ago, and chances were they wouldn't be back for another hour or so.

He wasn't gonna wait for that long. Who knew what MK had had to endure for the past... almost a month since his disappearance. Heck, who knew if he was even still—

Red Son shook his head.

Don't. Don't think like that. He's alright. He's okay.

The demon got up and promptly exited the noodle shop.

If that spider freak was to blame for all this, and he had no doubt in his mind that she was, then he would show absolutely no mercy.

He was going to bring MK back home.

<***>

Red Son had snuck into the filthy lair by slipping down the sewer grate in a nearby alley. Not the same one MK had been last seen in, but it was very close.

The demon had considered lighting a flame in order to more clearly get a grip on his surroundings, but he eventually decided against it in fear of being discovered so soon before he could get the upper hand.

Red Son continued on for some time, before finally coming to a large opening in front of him. Upon cautiously peering in, he found an enormous cavern, with many webs, disgusting, gooey eggs, and, to his shock and dismay, the remains of the spider mech that had terrorized the city. The fire demon shuddered at the memory. He found, though, that the shuddering was not only from the uneasiness. The temperature had significantly dropped. So much so that even he was beginning to feel chilly.

Rubbing his arms, Red Son proceeded with caution. He moved along the side of the wall, slowly making his way through the massive room. Perhaps, he thought, he could carefully move through this messy place and find where they might be keeping—

"What do you mean there's not enough material yet?!!"

Gasping, Red Son ducked behind a pile of rubble just as Spider Queen angrily stomped into the room. Her lackeys followed close behind her, all looking very nervous.