10. NEW RULES

Darian crouched down tiredly on his mahogany brown office chair, cradling his head with his hand as he thought of Lena. A smile found its way to his lips; he waved off the thoughts and receded to the file on his table.

He had heaps of them to deal with, and it was getting too much for him already. He had been away from the office due to the wedding and introduction stuff; he just had to deal with the files before they became too much for him.

A knock at the door caught his attention; knowing who it would be, he gave the order for his secretary to come in.

A young lady walked into the vast office. She wore a brown dress that revealed most of her back and stopped far below her knees; she had a yellow blazer hung over her shoulders. She was tall and had white skin that glowed with so much grace, she had long legs she probably liked to reveal. 

"Hi, Darian," her heels rattled on the tiled floor as she walked toward him. She dropped the files in her hand on the table.

"It's been a while." She winked at him with a flirtatious smile on her beautiful face. She sat down and crossed her long legs. "How have you been?" 

"Good, and you?" He answered with a bored expression, not sparing her a glance. He pushed the files to his side and flipped through the pages.

"Do you expect me to be good?" She scoffed at him. "I heard you got married, and too bad I don't even know about it." She folded her arms around her chest, waiting for his response.

Darian stared at her and picked up another file from the ones she dropped on the table.

"Why should I tell you about it?" His tone was harsh.

"Why do you think you shouldn't tell me about it?" An ugly scowl plastered her face. "We had sex right here in your office a day before you married her," Thelma said bitterly.

"Is that why you think I should tell you everything about my life?" He sounded angry.

"I thought we had a thing!" It just occurred to her that he had been using her all this while; what was she thinking, that he would marry her? She must be dumb to think Darian had serious plans for her because he was sleeping with her.

"Yes, we did, and that was sex," he emphasized, "I'm married now, and things are over between us, don't come to my office dressed in this filthy dress looking like a slut or some stripper in a nightclub anymore. You must dress modestly; I pay you to be modest and act right." He warned her. Thelma knew that tone well; he was serious when his face was like that and when he used that gentle tone on her or anyone.

"Darian, you just used me?" She regretfully bit her lips.

"Have you sealed the deal with Macops company?" He asked her, deviating away from the topic they were initially on.

"If you haven't sent out an acceptance letter, I would like you to halt the business deal with them. I found out about their director, he's not a trustworthy man, and I wouldn't say I like dealing with people like him. A better company also bargained for the contract and sent their details to me for evaluation." He told Thelma, her eyes were on him, and she took note of everything he told her to do, but her heart was broken into shreds, and she wanted to scream so badly.

He never complained about her dress when he was sleeping with her, and now he didn't want to see her in those dresses that turned him on, anymore.

"Any other development that I don't know about?" He banged the table for her attention.

Thelma nodded her head negatively.

"Good, you should get back to work." He said authoritatively.

Thelma stood up and said nothing, she turned towards the exit, but Darian called her back; she smiled, thinking he had a change of mind about her.

"You called me," she stood before him and adjusted her dress that revealed her cleavage.

Darian kissed his teeth. How come he didn't see that she dressed that indecently all this while? Probably because he's been sleeping with her.

"I don't want you to come into my office and try to seduce me like you always do. I'm married now, and I want you to respect that fact. If you try to seduce me, I will fire you." He let out harshly. "You should take your job more seriously, and about your dresses? I think I have to draft out a timetable for the dress code that should be worn in the office henceforth. I haven't decided about that, but if you continue to wear these dresses to the office, I would be forced to do that."

"Wow!" Thelma nodded her head. "That's cool. I will adjust to the changes you want, Sir." She wondered who his wife was and why he had changed so much because he was married. Was he the only married man? She wasn't cool with his strict rules, but she had to obey him. She hadn't gotten another job somewhere else.

"Good, attend to these files and get back to me soon." He said. Thelma picked up the files and walked out of the office.

Darian's eyes were on her as she walked out. He shook his head and returned to work.

His mind drifted to Lena again; he sighed and pushed the file in front of him to the side. 

"I have to work, right?" He muttered to himself. Living with a woman he barely knew was taking a toll on him, he didn't like that, but there was nothing he could do. He needed her to get the Don position, even though she thought he had married her because of her father's debt.

But why was she suddenly occurring in his mind? He bobbed his head; that was a new question that he didn't want to find answers to yet.

Faithy💓