34. COOKIES WITH A TOUCH OF FURY

Lena waltzed into Darian's study and shut the door behind her. He raised his head to have a look at her. After confirming her presence, he went back to what he was doing.

"Hi," she strode closer to him. "You've been working all day, I brought some snacks for you." She drooped the tray of cookies on the table and took a seat on one of the empty chairs. "You should eat something, you look so hungry and I don't want my friend to pass out from hunger."

Darian chuckled, he pushed the tray of cookies close to himself and munched satisfactorily on one.

"This is good," he remarked. "Thank you."

She nodded her head, her face beaming with smiles. She had spent the entire day preparing that for him.

Her eyes flickered between the table and Darian's eyes, she was restless as she sat on the chair.

He noticed that, but he finished eating before asking what was wrong with her.

"Is there something you want to talk to me about?"

"Yes, Darian." She responded swiftly.

"What's that?" His eyes narrowed on her.

"Why haven't we consummated our marriage? Don't you want kids?" She asked, the question coming as a bombshell.

He shifted back on his armchair, slightly shocked that she would ask him that.

"You are a man and I know you have your needs too, but wait haven't you ever looked at me, desired my body? Are there other women you sleep with?" She didn't want to go that far, but she did.

"Why do you think of me as? A man who doesn't have discipline and sleeps around with everything under his skirt, huh?" His voice was louder than usual. Lena shook her head, trying to explain what she meant to him, but he seemed to be irked up.

"I am not going to have this conversation with you." He resumed working on the computer.

She bit her lips regrettably, blaming herself for listening to the women at the casino. They had talked about a man not sleeping with his wife, gaining pleasure from some other woman and that's why he didn't desire his wife. She thought so well about it and decided to ask her husband why he hadn't consummated their marriage yet.

"Darian, I didn't mean to get you angry, I was just concerned."

"I am busy, Lena. I'd like to remain alone for now."

"No, I won't leave, Darian. You can't keep shutting me out if we argue, tell me you are not cool with it and I apologize to you, properly. I was wrong, but I didn't wrongly accuse you, I only asked a question. Have you ever thought about me too, have you thought if I want this too? We've been married for months and the highest romance we've had is a kiss. What's that?" She slammed the table angrily. "And mind you, I won't leave you alone, we are fixing this now and here. Don't you know what friendship means?"

"No, I don't." Darian shot frantically at her, he detested that she was pushing it too hard. It was meant to be simple, leave his office after he asked to be alone, but there she was, trying to lecture him about friendship again. "I don't know what friendship means."

"You have to forgive someone you call your friend, not push them away. If they offend you, talk to them about it, sort out things with them and stop pushing them out of your life, Darian! That's what friendship means! You talk about things that bother you, you share your plight and find ways to resolve them together!" She was yelling now. "I only asked you a question that demanded an answer, you could have responded, not telling me to get the hell out of your study."

"I would have answered but you already jumped to a damn conclusion. Why else would you need my answers, huh? What will my answers change?" He questioned, his eyes seething with rage.

"I need your answers for clarification, Darian. We can't keep going on like this if we want the friendship between us to work out." She said in a low voice.

"You know what? Damn the friendship or whatever that's between us, damn it! I do not give a fuck about it and I want it to end this minute, I want to end this goddamn friendship with you." He insisted.

"Darian, you are not being serious right now." Her eyes flicked open in fear. He was not going to do that to her.

"I am serious, everything we do these things revolves around the so-called friendship, I want out, please. You can leave my office after you are done with your speculations about me sleeping with other women."

His words pierced deep into her insides, she knew she was wrong at a point, but she didn't expect this reaction from him. That was just too much, she shut her eyes and tears rolled out, she quickly wiped the tears with her fingers.

"You don't want this friendship anymore?" She asked him in a teary voice, the tears were already welled up in the corner of her eyes.

"Get the hell out of my office, Lena. Get out with the damn cookies you made me." He screamed at her. "You just show up all the time to mess with my mind, who the hell do you think you are?"

"I didn't mean to get you mad, I was just curious and I am sorry I talked about the women, I didn't know what to think, I…"

"Get out, Lena." His cold voice rang roughly in her ears.

"Darian," she called.

"I will be forced to haul you out if you don't leave here this minute." He warned her. "Go, go away, I don't want to see you."

With despair rupturing her heart, she straightened out of the chair and moved towards the door. Maybe she shouldn't have asked him such a question, maybe she shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion. Now, she had ruined the friendship she'd been trying so hard to build. She had never seen him that furious, that side of him terrified her so much.

She grabbed the doorknob and looked back at him, hoping he would change his mind, but Darian didn't spare her a glance, he punched the keyboard with so much speed Lena was certain he wasn't doing whatever he was doing right, he was just taking out his anger on the keyboard. She shook her head and let out sniffles. When he didn't look at her, she pressed the doorknob and ran out of the study.

Darian relaxed on the armchair, rubbing his temples in worry, he was angry and disappointed in her. He didn't think she would think that low of him, he was a faithful man, and he was loyal to her, but she had seen him differently. He shook his head.

To hell with her and the friendship, he was mad, but he still felt so bad for yelling at her. He hated that he made her cry, it hurt him to listen to the sound of her tears, it was better he sent her out of the study, that way he wouldn't see the tears falling from her eyes. He ran his fingers through his hair, and tossing some papers on the floor, he got up and paced the study room. She was driving him crazy.

Faithy💓