129. MOTHER AND SON

Lena had gone to the hospital with the bodyguards, leaving Darian at home with Isabella and Tina. He had been in his study for over an hour now and he suddenly craved coffee. When he couldn't get across Tina through the intercom, he decided to leave the study room and get to the kitchen.

Isabella was seated on a couch in the living room, her eyes fixated on the blank television screen. Darian wondered what she was staring at that got her extreme attention. He ignored them and proceeded to the kitchen but he couldn't take further steps, thoughts of Isabella filled his head and he decided to stop to have a conversation with her.

He paced the living room, not knowing how to incite the conversation with them. Isabella noticed him but she said nothing, when Darian didn't stop walking around the living room, she cleared her throat and spoke out.

"I want to leave your house."

Her words caused Darian to waver, he sent a glare to her and shook his head. "Where do you plan to go if you leave my house?"

"Where I was before you brought me here," Isabella responded.

"I got that place for you too," he sat down, crossing his legs on top of each other. "Where else do you have to go and do you know that outside is not safe for you? Many enemies want you there. I can't let you leave here unless you want to get yourself killed."

"Yes, Darian. I want to get myself killed. Isn't dying better than this miserable life that I am living?" She raised her voice a little louder than normal. Clenching her fists, she looked at Darian and continued. "Do you know the pain of being alive and not remembering anything from how you used to live your life? Do you know how it feels to have a child that I don't even recognize? Do you know how I feel? I doubt you don't." She wriggled her head, resting her back on the couch.

Darian wasn't certain what Isabella was doing there. If she was saying all that for him to look at her with pity or just maybe she felt bad about the whole thing. He studied her and said nothing for a while.

"You don't remember anything but you do remember my dad, don't you?" He asked her.

"I do, and I know I had a child that was taken away from me," Isabella replied to him. "I don't know how the baby turned out to be you, I can't possibly accept that if there is no proof." She stated frantically, breaking Darian's heart.

"What do you need to believe that I am the child you abandoned years ago?" He wasn't desperate to get introduced. He just wanted her to know that he was her son even though he hadn't agreed to that fact, he kind of believed that it was true.

"There is nothing."

"Maybe meeting the members of the Dawson family will do," Darian suggested to her.

"I can't recognize them anymore."

Darian nodded his head. Staring at his mother, he took in her features; her slender frame and very beautiful face. He smiled, Lena was right when she said that he looked like his mother.

Looking carefully at her now, there was no difference between them, he was just the male version of Isabella. He wished he had grown to know her, he wished things had been different between them.

"Sometimes life doesn't turn out as planned, it goes the opposite direction and gets complicated." Isabella smiled gently. "Raymond gave light to my world when I was with him. Though short, the times I spent with him were the best times of my life, he loved me, and made me feel loved and I don't regret whatever we shared. The only thing that breaks my heart is the fact that he never looked back, he never attempted to reach me again after I handed the baby to him under duress." She slowly her head to look at Darian. "He was meant to fight for our love and just maybe we would have survived if he did." She sighed, rolls of tears dropping down her cheeks.

"He loved you so much, it was hell when I lived with him. I reminded him of you and it was so hard to deal with. He became so reckless, I guess life became meaningless after you left him too. He got so bad and tried to fight his demons everyay. But it's okay, I am fine now."

"I don't want to ever get involved in the affairs of the Dawson family. They completely ruined my life."

"You have to change your mind about leaving the house."

Isabella looked at Darian and shook her head. "How badly have you thought of me?"

Darian rose to his feet and took three steps forward. He stopped in front of the coffee table and smiled.

"Thought about you in what way?"

"As your mother, the kind of mother that you've always envisioned to have."

"You are not anywhere close to what a mother is. I have grown up to hate my mother so much but now that I have listened to both sides of that story, I think you are not guilty of the charge."

"So, do you still hate me?"

"I can't answer that now. You haven't believed that you are a mother and you are asking if I still hate you?" He scoffed.

"This is harder on me than you think, Darian." She wanted to touch his face so badly but she drew back from doing it. "I don't want my child to end up meeting me this way. I had plans until it was cut short by the Dawson family."

"I will leave now." He turned to leave but Isabella stopped him.

"Darian, if you say that you are my son, then it's fine. Maybe with time, we will get all that you need to know."

"All that you need to know will soon be provided and you will get to know the relationship we have together." With that said, he turned and walked into the room.

Faithy💓