37. WE SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS, THELMA.

Later in the evening, Tina left the house after she was done with her evening chores. Lena was alone and she felt talking to her best friend to seek some advice would be the best in her situation since Darian had refused to talk to her. She picked up her phone from the coffee table, dialed Lisa's number, and switched to a video call when she picked up.

"Lisa," Lena dubbed, her expression dull and unimpressive. She looked like she had been unwell for days now. "How are you?" She asked.

"Always good, I should ask you how you are. Good Lord, you look like life has been sucked out of you. Are you good?" Lisa inquired, worry laced in her voice.

"No, I talked to Darain about our marriage and asked him why we haven't consummated it yet."

"So, what happened after that? Did he hit you?" Lisa widened her eyes.

"No, he didn't. He would never do that. You know, I was just confused and asked if he was sleeping with some other woman outside our marriage. He got angry, so mad he doesn't want to talk to me anymore, and that bothers me a lot." She said.

Lisa shook her head, pulling the head warmer over her head, she picked a piece of chips and crunched it. "He doesn't want to talk to you anymore? Is he guilty or innocent of the accusation?" She asked Lena.

"Innocent, I guess. He doesn't look like one who would cheat on me, I was just curious, I just wanted to know what was happening. We were already getting close, we already built our friendship, but I ruined everything. Gosh! I am a sucker, I feel so terrible." Lena rubbed her chest, she was hurting so bad.

"Hey calm down, Lena. You asked a question out of impulse. Don't blame yourself for this please, here take a piece of chips and munch on it." She pulled out one from the sachet and stretched it out to her friend. "I forgot it's a video call," she laughed.

"Oh, don't laugh it off. I am dead serious here. There is no one to talk to, that's why I called you. What should I do to appease him?" Lena asked.

"Do you want me to advise you as a friend, a writer, or a feminist that I am?" Lena smirked, rolling out her tongue at Lena who didn't find her expressions funny but rather stupid.

"Lisa, can you please take this seriously?" She begged her.

"Sure, I will give you some advice firstly as a friend. If you want back your relationship with him, just meet him and apologize for the things you said that hurt him. Secondly, as a writer, let him be, he'd come around if he misses you too, and lastly as a feminist, ignore him and don't give a fuck about him, you have a right to speak with your mouth. And if he's mad about that, let him remain mad." She crunched harder on the chips, winking at her friend. "Choose one of the three and use it in your best interest."

"I think the first one will work better, asshole."

"You can say that to Darian, call him an asshole." Lisa giggled. "Your dad called and he told me you visited."

"Yes, I did," Lena said casually.

"I am glad you listened to me, so proud of myself."

"Asshole! I didn't listen to you. I just did what I felt was deemed fit, it's not about your lame advice." Lena let out a long hiss.

"I won't get mad about that, I know you took my advice, but don't worry, okay? I am not mad at you and I am always here to advise you about the things to do. Just call my phone whenever you need me."

"I am never calling you again," Lena joked.

"I will remind you that you said this the next time you call me."