78. IN YOUR DREAMS

78. IN YOUR DREAMS

Darian halted his car when he arrived at the address Thelma sent to him. It was a bit far from town, so he used the GPS map in his car to get the address correctly. He dialled her number to inform her of his presence, but she showed up before the phone could ring.

He wound down the window of the car. "Hi Darian, can you open the door for me?" She asked, grinning heavily like she just won a lottery. It's been months since he had seen her, and he could tell that she had changed a bit. She had lost weight and her eyes were pale like she'd been sick.

He unlocked the door with the remote, Thelma winked at him before walking over to join him in the passenger's seat. She slammed the door after sitting in.

"You came here," she smiled, not taking her eyes off him. He was still as handsome as she had remembered.

"Why did you call me?" Darian asked in a gruff voice. "I don't have all the time in the world to spend here with you."

"Easy, Darian. How have you been?" She asked him. "You should ask how I have been fairing, you know? It's been four months and you don't even care if I have been well?"

Darian scoffed, bobbing his head. He knew she was doing well. Jay had told him that she joined a modelling agency and that explained why she had lost so much weight. He shook his head, wondering why people had the mentality of skinny to be the only beauty. He found every woman beautiful no matter her body type. What mattered was not a woman's beauty, but who she was, the kind of heart she had and her attributes. Beauty was good, but there were more things to just being beautiful.

"You have been doing well, Thelma." He retorted, taking his eyes off her. She was looking attractive as always.

"What makes you think so? Because you now see me in magazines? You think I am really happy living that life?"

"Thelma, that isn't any of my business. You resigned of your free will, I didn't threaten you. And is that the reason you summoned me here?" He glared back at her. "Get off my car, I don't have the time for this."

"Darian," she touched his hand that was on the steering wheel and heaved an exasperated sigh. "You know I have always wanted to be a model ever since I was young. Even when I was in business school, all I had in mind was to graduate and be a model."

Darian kneaded his fingers in his hair. He wasn't ready to talk about her life or whatever she had in mind to tell him. He wouldn't have driven down there if he knew she had nothing meaningful to say to him.

"You are wasting my time," he cautioned her.

"I know you are not the one to be patient with people, but I want you to listen to what I have to say to you." She said.

Darian was impatient, but for old times' sake, he decided to give her a chance to talk. He relaxed on the seat, folding his arms against his chest.

"When I graduated from business school, I was ready to take on my modelling career, but then I met you. You needed a secretary for your new company, you needed someone who could do things well and that was me because I just left school. I had all you wanted. I wasn't interested in the job but I was interested in you and that was the reason I took up the job. Since the very first time that I saw you, I have always wanted you for myself and I stayed with you, working as your secretary for years. We became sex partners at one point and you dumped me when you got married to your beautiful wife." She smiled, clasping her hands together.

"I thought we were done with this, Thelma." He said softly. "You told me you were letting go and wouldn't come back into my life. Why are you suddenly acting this way?" He was unsettled, he didn't want to do anything to hurt Lena at all. And now, he felt so horrible for the things he had with Thelma, he should have been more disciplined.