60. YOU WERE PREGNANT

Darian and Lena occupied the armchairs in the Doctor's office, patiently waiting for him to come back with the results of the tests that were carried on her.

Darian looked at her, there were dark circles around her eyes, she had lost so much weight in five days, he couldn't bear it anymore.

He didn't want her to go back to that dungeon, her face was the palest as she managed to look at him.

"I had no idea it was that terrible, Lena." He held her hand but she pulled back. He wondered why she did that, she was always eager to take his hands.

"It was, Darian." She mumbled. "Maybe I'd be dead by now if Amy hadn't come over because those bastards do not care about me." She snorted.

Leaning backward on the chair, she sighed, tossed her legs against the chair, and didn't want to talk to Darian anymore. She was so sad and she suddenly blamed him for putting her in such a mess, she wouldn't have gotten there if she wasn't married to him anyway. Now, she had regrets. If only he had listened to her when she asked him to change the rules. She'd have probably been a school teacher by now and none of these would have occurred.

"My phone, is it with you? Has anyone called me so much? Lisa is meant to come to New York this week, has she called yet? And my dad, what did you tell him when he called?" She asked him.

Darain felt the sadness and emptiness in her voice, he wanted to touch her but she was refusing him and it broke his heart.

"Lisa called, I didn't know what to tell her so I didn't pick up the call. I told your dad you were on a vacation with me and we would like not to be disturbed since you told me you didn't want him to know about this." He said, not taking his eyes off her.

"Can I have the phone for now?" She asked, extending her hand to take the phone from him.

He took her hand in his and stroked her fingers, "I do not have the phone with me here, it's in the car. Lena. I was at the hospital with Gaius when I got the call and there is good news, Lena. Gaius is back to life, he woke up from coma." Darian said, excited.

"Oh," was all she muttered before the door to the Doctor's office creaked open.

The Doctor waltzed into the office in slow steps, he smiled at the couple, took a seat on the armchair and his expression went grim.

"The results are out," he announced to them, fixing the glasses that perched at the bridge of his nose. "Lena, were you aware that you were pregnant?" He asked, fixing his gaze on a surprised Lena.

There was an expression of bewilderment on Darian and Lena's faces. "Pregnant?" They questioned in unison.

"Yes, pregnant," he nodded his head, showing a paper to them.

Lena hurriedly snatched the paper from him, scanned through it, and gave it to Darian.

"I was pregnant? What do you mean by I was pregnant? My baby," she clutched her tummy with her hands. "Did something happen to my baby?" She shook her head, her eyes already brimming with tears as she awaited the Doctor's response.

"You were four weeks pregnant, but I am sorry, you lost the child and that explains why you bled. It's not your period coming at that time, it was the baby." The Doctor sounded low as he stared into Lena's eyes. He could vividly see the fear in her eyes.

"My baby," Lena said faintly, tears cascading down her eyes. "I was pregnant," she brushed her hand against her tummy. "Why did I lose my baby? Was it because I have been locked up?" Her voice was shaky, her hands trembling and the whole of her body was on fire, this was the worst news she had heard in her life.