13

LIAM

Louis picks me up in his Cabriolet. Apparently, he lives just down the street so we can see him any time of day.

He promised to show me some parts of the mafia and I've been waiting for this.

"Hey," he smiles at me, showing his fixed white teeth. His sunglasses hang onto his nose reflecting me.

"Hi." I sit in the car a bit awkwardly.

"Okay, let's go then before the big boss changes his mind. You know he is very protective of things?
"
"Really? Don't you say." I answer sarcastically.

He laughs. "I'm just warning. It will be better
if you don't speak to any men or women, which even you prefer"

"I'm gay"

"So only men then. At least the list is shorter. You know, with me it's different. I'm his friend for a long time and I would never try something but.. he can be crazy sometimes."

"How crazy?" I look at him.

He makes a strange face. "Shoot someone here and there." My eyes widen, "he doesn't kill them, it's just a warning, but right now, you are his big possession. I just don't recommend making him jealous."

"Well, we are not a couple."

"Oh," Louis says shocked, "really? I thought you got back together for Liza?"

"We are together as parents, but the relationship part- I'm not sure"

"So you don't love him anymore? Because he is obsessed with you. Really. He never stopped talking about you and making those love poems. I was worried he needs a psychologist"

I look away. "It's not that I hate him, but it's hard rebuilding a relationship again."

"But... you forgave him or not?"

"I did."

"And you know you also acted shady?" he asks me.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I mean, it was his right to know he has a child and say his opinion. Also, you really broke his heart and I think it did leave a scratch on him, mentally."

"Oh, this. Yes, I realized I shouldn't have-. But it was the best thing at that moment. I thought he would get rid of me."

"Rid of you? Never me. I here am some people that he would never touch and luckily I'm one of them too."

"Hm, so you think we should date again?"

He chuckles. "Have you ever stopped?"

I smile. "Not really, but I think I'm too old for dates." I shrug.

"Then don't go on dates, just be together. As his friend and assistant, it's my job to make both his personal and work life perfect and right now you are the obstacle.. Well, that sounded cruel, but you get what I mean. He would give you anything if you just get him."

I know, he always says that. We arrive at some warehouse by the end of the city. There are a lot of trees around it and not many other buildings in sight already see some cars in here, but no people. Almost like it's abundant, but it's probably just a cover-up.

"What is in here?" I ask him.

"We get guns transferred here and keep them underground in a safe. Nobody would think you keep it here." He smirks.

"Right." I nod. True, it looks barely used.

"There's also some gym for training but I want to show you the guns. I think you need to .. get used to them. Sometimes bodyguards need to use them, whether to shoot or just hold. The worst
thing you can do is to be terrified of them. It's all about trusting a skill."