10

LIAM

"So after you left, he got fucking crazy. He even slapped me and he broke one of the guard's hands. He even asked his father for help." Louis says and then laughs.

We are sitting in the kitchen talking, while Liz is playing in the living room.

I look at Zayn and raise my brow.

"Okay, enough of the past." He says.

"Shouldn't you go home, Louis?" he gives him a hint

"Alright, but l will see you again and you have
the meeting on Monday"

"Meeting?" I ask, "I want to be there too."

"Li, no, it's a serious matter" Zayn warns me.

"Fine. If you don't want to include me in your life then I won't include you in mine."I get up from my chair.

"Liam, wait." Louis puts a hand on my shoulder "I can show you some of the work we do, but showing next to the boss is too risky. Brings too many words around. Remember it's thousands of people working together in the whole of Italy and outside of it. We can solve it together. I will get your number"

"Great." I smile sarcastically, "at least someone tries to help me"

Zayn huffs and looks away.

~~~~~~~~

I lock myself in my room and put the phone against a window. I click on a face time with Niall. He picks up after some time.

"Liam, why aren't you answering?" he
says worried, and looks at me, "Where are you? What is this room?"

I cover my mouth. "Be a little bit quieter."

"What is happening?" he whispers.

"You know what. The worst. He found me and I'm in his house now"

"Are you serious?" she says terrified, "Are you okay? Did he hurt you? I will call the police."

"Don't call the police on a mob boss, he will kill you and if by hurt you mean mentally, then yeah. I'm tired of him. He is so bossy and never lets me say what I want. It's just stay here, do this, I want to protect you blah blah."

"Wait, you are staying with him now? And what about Liz?"

"Yeah, he insists we both live here, Well, Liz doesn't get anything. She is just happy she has her da- Baba"

"Right, she's little, but is he mad at you?"

"He's mad but so am I"

"That is so messy. I hope you are okay. What will you do there?"

"I don't know. He wants me to be a house husband"

He laughs. "I'm sorry, it's funny, but wait, so you don't have to work? That's not bad or ..is it?"

"I don't want to rely on him financially or at
all."

"I know, but listen, you've been working your ass off for five years, it's his time to pay! He should!"

"That's true, but I don't want to stay here. What will I even do in here? We are not like a couple"

"You share a child, so that's complicated. Now that he knows, it's a bit shady to steal her from him."

"I'm not saying he can't see her. I was just worried if he will want her, but NOW he does. The keyword now, cause he wasn't that sure about the past"

"Got the memo, but you need to co-parent now."