Chapter 3/13

-

“He spread his light among us like a candle.
Where did he go? So strange, where did he go without me?”

-

~5 days after Ranboos disappearance~

I jump, nearly slicing my hand with the knife in my hand, as I hear a harsh knock on the door. I carefully set down the knife and walk towards the front door. I open my communicator to see if I had missed a message from someone, there wasn’t one. Who’s at my door? Ranboo has a key so he could just walk in, though they usually do knock. I open the door and I see Foolish and Puffy standing just outside the door. I hide my disappointment.

“Oh thank the gods you're here! I didn’t want to break in through your window during this storm.” The sheep says as she hurries through the door, slightly shoving me as she does. Once she’s in the house she shakes her body so that the snow that was piled on her in the short time between them knocking and me opening the door would fall to the ground. I would complain about the snow melting on the wood floor but I knew she would clean it up.

    I let out a light sigh, hopefully neither of them noticed my slight annoyance. It’s nothing to do with either of them, they’ve been a real help for the past couple weeks, especially when it comes to Micheal. It’s just that I hoped that it was my dumbass husband knocking even though this is as much his house as it is mine.

    “I have your chair!” I turn my head towards Foolish’s cheery voice. I watch as he pulls along a chair as he walks into the house.

I close the door behind him and look down at the chair that looked identical to the other chairs around my dining room table. “My chair?” I grab the chair from his webbed hands.

“Ranboo came by the other day, said Micheal was getting big enough to sit in a big boy chair.” Foolish then flashes a smile towards Puffy, who now had Micheal sat in her lap on the couch. Micheal looked a little dazed from getting awoken from his nap by the sheep hybrid, but his tired mind didn’t keep a large smile from painting his face.

“When did Ranboo ask for it?” I ask, silently hoping that it was recent. Maybe Ranboo has just been doing the errands they’ve been avoiding for the past months. I lift the chair by the back and carry it to the table that Foolish had made. I slide the chair under one of the two bare sides of the table.

“I can make Micheal a booster seat if you want, I didn’t realize how high the table was.” He then pauses, seemingly thinking over my question. “I’m not sure actually, maybe a week or so? I’ve been so busy lately, building your mansion spread my name so I’m having to balance a lot more jobs lately.” I didn’t really care about Foolish’s busy schedule, of course I didn’t say that.

Instead of letting my rude thoughts out I decide to focus on Foolish’s offer, but I didn’t get to that since Puffy spoke up first. “Have guys eaten yet?” I turn to the speaker, hoping that I remember to continue my conversation with Foolish. Micheal was hands deep in running his hand through the white and brown hair that mirrored a sheep’s fur.

"I was attempting, I'm not even sure what I'm cooking." I gesture towards the cut tomato and bell peppers that were on the cutting board. She simply nods and stands up, causing the colored boy to whine. I watch as she scans the random ingredients I had pulled out. She pulls her duo hair into a puffy ponytail and gets to work. Whatever combination she comes up with the shit I have, it'll be good.

"I can make a booster seat, Foolish." I turn back to the totem, though he had already headed over to play with Micheal. They've shown up like this a couple times now, just showed up and have been our unpaid babysitters. Ranboo made a point to give them gifts, which were oddly really thought out. I'm sure he'll be giving more if they keep up with all of this. Micheal squeals as Foolish makes his eyes glow, an odd skill that he abuses the fuck out of to entertain the children.