Chapter 13/13

-

“Tell me clearly, Ranboo The Beloved,
Of whom it is said, “The sun never dies” — where did he go?”

-
~22 days after disappearance~

    I wake up feeling something soft tickling my nose. I slowly open my eyes to see pink, just pink. I slowly sit up, the pink slowly slipping from my face. I then realize that it was my toddlers untamed hair that was gotten so much longer, how the fuck does he hair grow so quickly? It’s barely been a month since Ranboo cut his hair and it’s already past his shoulders. I look out the window to see that it was still close to dark out, I almost got a full night's rest. That’s saying something seeing as for the past 22 days I’ve barely slept at all.

    I head down the ladder, french toast for breakfast sounds fine. I gather all of the ingredients, other than the damn cinnamon. I stare daggers at the seasonings that Ranboo had placed on the top shelf. Usually I avoid ever using the seasonings, usually going to buy new ones just to avoid climbing on the counter to grab the things that the tall fuck puts in his reach and his reach alone. I look back outside the window, kinda hoping the sun would magically be out so that the shops would be open. But I didn’t see the sun, I saw a shadow of a person move quickly away from the window. Why the fuck is someone outside of my window in the middle of the night?

I basically fly from the counter to the door, not bothering to grab a jacket or my boots as I fling the door open and jump over the railing of the steps. I look around manically but I could hardly see anything because of the little light the moon gave. I then hear the low sound of the hyperlope being activated, in the middle of the fucking night? Who the hell would be looking through my window, then run when I see them? I turn but I stop when I see the swing swinging, there was no wind so who pushed the swing? I walk closer to the movement, once I was close enough I see that there was something on the swing. I pick up the dark fabric and lift it up.

    I think my heart stopped for a second as I stare at the dress jacket. I look around again, looking for any sign of movement. Someone was definitely here, someone was swinging on the damn swing and looking through my window. I look back at the jacket, not just someone… Ranboo was here. Ranboos fucking alive.

    I head back into the house and start searching the jacket for every tear and stain that I know Ranboo’s jacket has. A slight tear on the cuff, there. Pink thread on the right shoulder from when scissors for some reason got given to a toddler, there. A red juice stain on the gray cloth that lined the inside of the jacket, there. The slight burn to the neckline, there. This is Ranboo’s jacket. Ranboo was here!

    But why didn’t he say anything? Or knock on the door? Where the hell as he been for the last twenty-two fucking days? Why didn’t they message me- or anyone back?! Why the fuck did he run after I saw him? Why did they just leave?

    “Bee!” I feel something scratch my calf harshly. I turn down to see my toddler, giving the angriest pout he could muster. “You’re ignoring me!” He whines as he goes to scratch my calf again. “I hungry!”

    I then decide to do the most spontaneous thing in this situation. “How about an apple? I’m dropping you off at Grandpa’s.”

    “I don’t like apples!” He complains as I grab the red fruit from the fruit bowl Puffy continues to fill for me.

    “Don’t complain, Grandpa will probably make you something when we get there.” I scurry around the living room, collecting Micheal’s jacket and boots, also my own.

I throw the toddler jacket to said toddler, it drapes over his head and he groans. “It dark still.” He pulls the green jacket down from his head and slips his short arms through their respective arm holes. I then slip his boots onto his feet- or well hooves, nearly sending the toddler tumbling to the floor from how quickly I did.