Chapter 8/13

-

"Like a madman, I search in the meadows!
That deer in the meadows, where did he go?"

-
~12 days after disappearance~

I cheer as I finally get the small mechanical part to not light one fire, for the first time. I pull off my gloves, which were too big for my hands. I stretch and stare at the piece of machinery, I finally finished the project I dove into after Ranboo disappeared, maybe that means he'll be back soon. I then hear the door slam open, I fall back with my chair.

"Oh my god." I hear Jacks voice echo through the room as he laughs.

I quickly sit up, now on the floor. "Oh hey! Look I finally did it, maybe now we can make-"

"You seem like you're in a better mood than the other day. Did Ranboo finally get back and fix your pissy mood?" He says with a smile.

I stand and shake my head. "Nope he hasn't come by, do you really think my moods only depend on them?" I mean they do- anyway.

"Oh well last time I was here you apparently hated the world, and your son. Speaking of- how long have you been in here? You better not be neglecting Micheal again. I will flip the dead man switch-"

"I've been out here since this morning." He gives me an angry and disappointed look. "But I have a killer babysitter. I was about to head to the house, wanna join?"

He wipes fake sweat off his forehead. "Oh thank god, you aren't being a bad parent."

-

"You are a terrible parent." He says as soon as we sees my babysitter for the day.

Techno stops sanding the corner of the counter and looks towards us. "Tubbo, I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself with the state this house is in. We're lucky Micheal isn't in pieces." I give him a smile, he's the one that offered to clean all this up. "I regret my past actions that got me into this."

He's the one that proudly claimed that, 'Your house a death trap. Nothing is toddler proof and you're going to end up killing my new favorite person even though he hardly feels comfortable to shake my hand, though that makes me sad I prefer for the kid not to die. So I'm gonna clean this place up free of charge, so he doesn't die. Though I'm not against killing you.'

Okay--- maybe he didn't say it those exact words. But that's what he meant.

"I thought you were being a good father Tubbo. Actually hired a good babysitter, but Techno? Seriously, man?" He shakes his head.

"I told you I hired a killer babysitter." I give him a snarky smile. I'm proud of myself for that one.

"This babysitter fucking killed you!" He releases a slow breath well I laugh at him. "I'm going to hit you." He says, sounding more British than usual.

"I'll cook you lunch!" I basically skip over to the fridge, and begin to prepare the two guests, and Micheal, lunch.

-

Lunch came and left, the same way Jack did. He has been quite busy lately, I have no idea what he's doing now. I spend my time being a pillow for Micheal well Techno toddler proofs the whole house. Even the basement, which Micheal isn't allowed into. But apparently, 'It's better to be safe than sorry'.

Micheal was watching him closely, as if he was watching to see if what I've said about him was truthful. I think Techno got some brownie points when he let Micheal help him sweep up sawdust.