Chapter 6/13

-

“Go to the garden, and ask the gardener — 
That tall, shapely rose stem, where did he go?”

-

~ 9 days after Ranboo's disappearance ~

I make it back to the house just before nightfall. Foolish Jr. was crashed in Foolish’s arms when I came into the house. Foolish looked just as drowsy as his son was seeing as he’s sprawled out on the couch staring up at the ceiling with his eyes half open. If Foolish didn’t have arms the size of my head I would have been worried that the small child would roll out of his grip. Finely and Micheal weren’t in sight so I’m guessing they were upstairs, hopefully not destroying anything. I head upstairs, keeping Foolish in his sleeping, adjacent, state for a while longer. Once I had a clear view of the attic, I see Micheal and Finley staring at the flowers Ranboo had left in the mailbox.

They were staring at them as if they would die if you looked at them wrong, as if they were the single most admirable thing in this realm. I know that look because I had given the flowers the same look last night. I finish the climb and Finely looks at me and waves, Micheal doesn’t break his concentration on the flowers.

“What are you guys doing up here?” I ask as I walk to the small table that the plastic flower vase was sat on.

“I saw one of Mr.Boo’s cousins teleport! So we’re trying to get Mr.Boo to teleport here through these flowers. They’re Mr.Boo’s favorites right?” Finely says, Micheal nods in agreement with her words - still not looking away from the flowers. They’re trying to get Ranboo to teleport here through thinking of him and looking at flowers he grew and then gifted? Hell I’ve done dumber things and I’m 17.

“Well this project will have to wait for next time, Finley has to go home.”

Micheal groans - finally breaks his staring contest with the lifeless flowers - and falls backward onto his back, he’s lucky his head did not bounce off the wood flooring. “I want her to stay.” Micheal says as he moves his arms up and down in emphasis. His fits are small, just him begging for something but no pointless screaming or crying is involved when he doesn’t get his way.  Foolish Jr. though…let’s just say were lucky that he’s asleep already

“Her dad and brother are passed the fuck out on the sofa, she needs to go home and make sure they don’t destroy something” Finely nods and stands up, with another groan Micheal sits back up and hugs his fellow toddler goodbye.

-

Following the departure of Foolish and his children I clean up the small mess of blankets and pillows that had accumulated onto the floor. I’m lucky Finely just tried to build a fort instead of her throwing her brother out of the second story window into the thin snow. Foolish luckily caught the child before he face planted into the thawing snow pile. After I finish cleaning everything up I head back to the attic to make sure that Micheal is asleep, or at least getting ready to do so. But to no surprise Micheal was sat in front of the flower vase again, still not in pajamas.

     “Micheal you have to get ready for bed, it’s already getting late.”

He shakes his head, a desperate look in his eyes. “Boo will come.” He narrows his eyes onto the flowers again, thinking that if he concentrated more his plan would finally work.

With a heavy sigh I walk over to the toddler and sit on the floor next to him. “This yours or FInley’s idea?”

“Fin’s, I’ll make it a reality though.” He has a determined look in his eye that makes me hate the decision I made of becoming a parent.