Chapter 5/13

-

“Go to the road, and ask any passing traveler — That soul-stirring companion, where did he go?”

-

~9 days after Ranboo's disappearance~

Maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe Ranboo is fine. Maybe he's home, eating breakfast with Phil. Maybe he's just been busy, and it slipped his mind to text. He's fine, nothing is wrong. But what if he isn't? What if the dumbass got trapped at the bottom of a ravine and found some magical way to break his communicator. Out of all people Ranboo would find a way to break the thing that legitimately can't be broken or removed. I groan as I lift my wrist and open my own communicator. I open my messages with Foolish.

Tubbo to Foolish: Can you come look after Micheal for a bit?

I grab onto the plate that had Micheals food on it and walk to the table. I place the plate in front of Micheal. "Thank you!" he says as he swings his legs. The booster seat I made is a bit too short, leaving him to have to stretch his arms a bit to reach his plate.

It wasn't too long until Foolish just walks into the door. "Hey Foolish, thanks for watching him." He jumps a bit as I speak, as if I spooked him, he most likely didn't expect me to be here. He looks at me as he places one of the two toddlers that he was balancing on one arm, Finley, onto the ground.

"Fin!" Micheal says as he runs up to the young toddler.

"Oh yeah! It's no problem these two have been bugging to come by again." He smiles at me as he puts Foolish Jr. next to his sister. "You have something special you need to work on?" We both watch as Micheal starts speaking in piglin, the other two acting as if they can understand.

"No, I'm gonna head to Ranboo’s. I shouldn't be gone too long." He nods at me as he shrugs off his boots. I walk over to Micheal, and the other kids. "I'm heading to Boo’s for a bit. Uncle Foosh will take care of you okay?”

Micheals face lights up as he looks at Foolish."Foosh! Come!" Micheal runs to Foolish and grabs his hand, pulling him where he pleases. I smile before rubbing my hands against the siblings heads. "You two don't destroy anything." Jr. nods his head, Finley salutes me before dragging her brother towards Micheal. I watch for a moment as the three toddlers start all talking at once and Foolish deflates like a balloon trying to make sense of it all. I openly laugh at his struggle and he gives me a pained expression before he's being tugged up the ladder.

Once they were out of my vision I finally stand and leave the house. The journey to Techno's place isn't long - by nether - but I still find myself jogging to get there. Wanting to see and speak to my husband after a week. Maybe, more like definitely, I'll be able to drag him back to the house. Make him push Micheal on the swing. He'll read Micheal to sleep as the toddler cuddles with Bloom. And he'll hum to Micheal if he wakes up from a nightmare. Everything will go back to the way it was.

I jump over the fence that was surrounding the property. I speed walk to Ranboo’s place, not wanting to be spotted by the owner of the land. I knock on the door, and to my relief I hear footsteps coming from inside. I smile to myself, he's fine. Everything will-

"Oh, hey mate!" Phil says as he opens the door. To my surprise he didn't have his usual attire. His hair was pulled into a loose bun at the back of his head, shorter pieces falling out of it at the front. His normal hat was missing and so was his coat-cape thing. His shirt has a really low neckline - I never realized that before. Wait, why was he answering Ranboo's door?

"Where's Ranboo?" I look behind him, hoping to see the hybrid. I do see one of his (Ranboo) black cats jump onto one of his chests under the 'live laugh love' sign.