Forty

*I'd like you all to meet Theo James, my Michael Smith... ;) Enjoy!*

After that breakfast, we rode back home in silence... Aside from a couple of conversations about work.

Then something changed...
In the way Luke acted with me that night.
The day after, the night after, and the couple of days that followed...

I do not know what happened regarding Silver, I didn't ask, and we no longer spent the night together.

I got used to him avoiding me, but the difference this time was that I did not try to change that. I did not try to get his attention. In fact, I avoided him too, in one way or another.

We bumped into each other occasionally in work, but Micah drove me to and from work.

I've been so engrossed with my extra courses and my final semester. And I was grateful for the distraction and the time that passed.

Luke didn't promise me anything and I didn't want to fill my head with uncertainties...

Also, Stacey and Erik went on a trip to Paris, upon Stacey's request, and that was both a good and a bad thing.

Bad, because whenever I was home I miss my best friend and sister. I got used to her being around in my home. Good, because Erik wasn't around to start an inquisition with me. Especially because I know I won't give him any answers to his questions. How was I suppose to justify my affection towards his brother or even his brother's sudden growth of fondness towards me.

Scott and Andrea were getting all nerdy in the library, studying for their coming finals. I checked on them every once in a while and they sometimes asked me to stay around.

Meanwhile, I got dressed for work and headed out towards Micah, who was awaiting me in the garage.

I was dressed a bit better than most other work days, I was to meet some major benefactors of our business on an important meeting. I wasn't planning on attending but both Luke and Ben insisted I attend meetings as such.

"Thank you Micah. I'll see you around three?" I address Micah before leaving the car.

"You're welcome. Of course." He nods and I smile at him.

And then there came the wary eyes and the looks around for Luke. Every time I walk through the office my eyes involuntarily scan the place for Luke.

Sigh...

But oh crap was I expecting to see of all people, HIM?!

MICHAEL?! The guy from Starbucks!

Our eyes meet and I can tell he recognized me from the smirk on his face but I still chose to turn around flippantly and walk away! Even though he was walking to where I was supposed to walk to!

I decide to grab a cup of coffee even though I'm not a coffee person. Hoping he'd just disappear, but it was hopeless! Of course he's one of the benefactors! Else, why would he even be here? In the goddamned meeting room.

I meet with Ben and he ushers me to the meeting room in a hurry.

"You're late." He speaks.

"Why? Did they start?" I ask.

"They're about to. Come on." He ushers me towards the doomed meeting room.

"I want you seated beside Luke." He directs me.

Super!
Luke was on my right and Michael was right across from me.

"Good morning." Luke greets and I greet back with a smile.