Four

"Sleek huh?"  I gasp turning around.

Where do they keep coming from?!

I turn to meet his emerald eyes. He's standing by the doorway dressed in a white dress shirt and black suit pants. His cologne filled the air.

"Erik right?" I ask my fingers still brushing the vast piano in front of me.

"Umhm.." He nods and takes a few steps into the room.

"Do you play?" He's a good couple of steps away from me. His tall figure shadows me as I'm seated across from the great piano.

I resist the urge to test the tunes of this grand instrument.

"Capable, not very adept though." I answer honestly and slowly ease one finger down a lurid key. It hums for a little while until the sound fades.

I pull my hands away and stand up, dragging myself farther away from the tempting trial.

"Are you staying in tonight?" He says watching me. I meet his eyes and nod once.

He chuckles. I frown, quirking an eyebrow.

"I assure you. Scott and I are pretty friendly once you get to know us. And you can learn to ignore Luke. God knows it's what we do too." He finishes with half a smile.

"Is he like, the eldest?"  I ask feeling at ease.

"Yes. He's twenty five; I'm twenty one, Scott's eighteen, and I suppose you're my age?" He points a finger.

"Twenty two in a few months." I answer him.

"Huh... Good to know." He offers a friendly grin and I reciprocate.

"I'm off to work. Do act like it's your home." He winks, leaving the room.

"Wow..." I sigh in huge relief.

Erik and Scott, I like those two....

"Micah!" Someone yells from up the stairs.

I take a peek and watch Luke storm down the stairs his face furious.  Jeez, he really needs to take chill pills.

I turn to conceal myself behind the door of what I've learned was the library but it was too late. His eyes caught me and he cursed under his breath.

"Do you know where that Asian slump is kitten?" He asks with mock and fury lacing his tone, still pacing around the house.

Who was he calling a kitten?!         

"No." I reply and start at the stairs.

"Hold up." He prompts annoyed.

"Take this." He pulls out his wallet and looks through it.

"I don't need-" He interrupts me; "Consider this a fraction of your money. Enough until you claim the rest and leave..." He stresses on the word leave.

My chest constricts. He really wants me gone... What did I ever do to him?!

I snatch the credit card that had my name engraved on it and leave without another word.

"Also-" He speaks. I stop but do not turn around to face him.

"If you're planning on working in our companies, I suggest you start your training course soon." He adds on his way out.

Training course? That doesn't seem like a bad suggestion. After all, I do need to start applying what I've studied all these years.

~~~~~~~~~~