Arc 2: Chapter 13

When Kuni woke up he could smell something cooking over the fire. He sat up and rubbed his eye and saw Kazuha sat by the fire.

When he could he stood up and walked over to the other and sat next to him which kind of startled Kazuha.

"Archons you scared me" Kazuha said jumping slightly

Kuni laughed "so what are you making?"

"I'm just cooking some meat that I managed to get earlier on, we can have this for breakfast" Kazuha explain

"Looks nice, did you add anything to it?" The wanderer asked

"Yeah, I added some herbs and spices" Kazuha responded "some of them I've never had before because they're from Sumreu"

"Sounds good" Kuni said before laying on the floor to tired to sit up

"You're going to get cold from just lying on the floor" Kazuha said putting the mean on a plate he carries around with him

"So what, I'm tired" Kuni answered

"Sit up to eat your food at least" the poet said

Kuni slowly sat back up and took a fork and started eating and so did Kazuha. They quietly listened to the birds singing songs and shivered in the cold morning air. When they were done they packed their bags back up and started walking again.

"How far are we?" Kazuha asked sounding tired

"Not too far, maybe another 2 or 3 hours" the purple haired boy responded looking over to the other

"Archons that is a long time" Kazuha complained

"You're only saying that because you're tired" the other responded standing up

In response Kazuha threw his head back and sighed and just stared up at the sky.

"Come on" Kuni urged holding his hand out

Kazuha reluctantly took the others hand. Kuni strided along the path whilst Kazuha trailed behind him holding his hand.

The walk was pretty quiet no disturbances of monsters or treasure hoarders. Sumerus air was thick and warm making it a bit more harder to breathe than usual. The pairs clothes clung onto their skin in an uncomfortable way.

They eventually started to become closer to Mawtiyima Forest, Kuni could see it in the distance. Once Kazuha could also see it he grew excited and became more energetic.

When they got to the forest Kazuha stopped to stare in awe at the bright blue and dark purple mixed together.

"It's beautiful here" Kazuha said in complete awe

"It's my favourite place" The wander replied happy that the other liked it.

"Let's go find somewhere to sit?" Kazuha suggested

"Sure let's go" Kuni agreed

The two boys wandered around the area trying to find somewhere that they could sit for a bit.

Kazuha noticed that The forest was a lot cooler than the rest of Sumeru. They eventually found somewhere that wasn't too high to sit.

"Thank you for showing me this place" Kazuha said happily

"No problem, it was fun walking with you" Kuni replied looking up the the sky. Kazuha did the same and stared at the wondering clouds that floated around the sky.

"Maybe one day we could travel to Liyue together?" Kazuha suggested

"I'm not sure if I've ever been to Liyue, that would be nice" the wanderer responded "do you know your way around Liyue?"