Arc 2: chapter 20

"I think maybe I shouldn't do this" Kuni said crossing his arms "it's too much"

"Just trust yourself" Beidou encouraged "he definitely likes you"

"I don't know.." the wanderer replied "we've been arguing a lot since we came here"

"It's just a misunderstanding" Beidou responded "you'll get over it once you just confess"

"You seem really desperate for us to be together"

"I just want to see Kazuha and you happy" she replied "I think he just needs someone to love him"

Kuni just looked at her unsure

"Just do it" she said cheerfully smiling "what's the worst that could happen?"

--

Kuni walked slowly to the poets bedroom breathing in deeply before knocking on the door, luckily for him Gorou was not in there at the moment.

"Come in" Kazuha's voice invited softly

He let let go of the breath he was holding as he pushed open the door to Kazuha's bedroom and strolled in with his hands behind his back. The white haired boy who was bent over a piece of paper writing slowly looked up and met with the others eyes.

"Oh, it's you" Kazuha said looking back down

Kuni felt his heart sink at the others tone off voice slightly putting him off confessing.

"I just needed to tell you something and also give you something" he said nervously

Kazuha looked back at him with a curious expression and decided to stand up to face the other properly.

Kuni gluped nervously staring at Kazuha, he opened his mouth yet nothing came out.

The poet sighed crossing his arms, "If this is about going back to Sumeru, I don't want to until Gorou leaves"

Kuni clenched his teeth together looking away trying to resist saying anything bad, He took a deep breath before speaking.

"No it's not that" He replied and there was another silence "actually nevermind, I'll talk to you later"

The wander turned to leave clenching his fists together walking towards the door but then Kazuha grapped his hand and pulled him back.

"You should just say what you want to say" he said, his voice soft

"Answer me honestly.. do you like Gorou more than me?" Kuni asked not looking at the other

"Well I have known him for longer and we know each other pretty well.." Kazuha began

"Right yeah, that makes sense that was a stupid question" The purple haired boy responded

"Look I really think I should go" he said finally look at Kazuha his eyes slightly wet

"Do you like Beidou more than me?" Kazuha asked

"Well you don't seem to want to spend time with me so that's why I'm always with her" Kuni explained

"That doesn't answer my question" Kazuha responded

"Well she's nice I guess, I don't know" Kuni replied starting to stress out " it's not fair to ask that"

Kazuha dropped the others hand "what do you mean it's not fair?"

"Because you actually have friends and known people for years" he began explaining "you're the first person I've been close too"

"Thats not my fault" Kazuha answered crossing his arms

"You know what just forget everything, I wish I never met you" Kuni replied