𝟓-𝟑

With soft and ambiguous sound, Suan muttered in a bit of annoyance with his eyes straightly looking at the seven people shuddering in fright.

He stood up and put back the gun to his trousers pocket and wiped his hands to his uniform. He, of course didn't actually touch directly the zombies' as small contact can cause the probability of him also turning and become zombies.

He didn't know that after killing those zombies, he will find a group of living people. They seems to have a great luck to be able to survive after the craze.

Speaking of craze, it's impossible to have this few zombies. As matter of fact, knowing how many students studying here in St. Ives, Suan can't extinguish the fire of his own curiosity.

The 1, 500 student and the 35 teaches plus the 70 school staffs minus the 8 breathing people alive. Let's remove 15 people as they might be alive. So 1, 582 zombies minus the few zombies that he smashed and killed... Suan's face crumpled.

This is too bothersome. Thinking something that can hinder his first priority. A subtle flavor of dissatisfaction explode inside his throat that left aftertaste of uneasiness.

He can use quick detour, this mofos need to fend their selves without relying to someone anymore.

With full of reluctancy, Suan removed his bag from his back and walk. He approached the young man who is hands is tightly clenched in fist and give his bag.

Suan who wanted to cry also give the handgun airsoft pistol, he can use the short cut to go home and seek evacuation.

"The bag contains 440c stainless ammos. One magazine can contain 20-25 bullets, there is a airsoft green gas, you put the pin inside the magazine's bottom. Charge it for 3 seconds. The Bullets are enough for you all to go to the nearest pawnshop. The pawnshop who has arm guns, you can found it 4 streets away from school."

Suan eyes didn't flicker nor falter as his eyes only focused to the first handgun airsoft pistol that he bought when he was a kid and now have to give it away for someone's sake and survival.

It was his first gun but that didn't gave him any negative emotions nor it fluctuate his turbulent mood. There is no nostalgia from the gun, only the bland and monochrome life of the childhood memories.

"Are you sure you're giving this to me?" Yichen looked at the teen in front of him who's eyes like has a glue stuck to the gun that now in his hands.

Suan only nod his head with his soft hair that also bobbed up and down. Promptly, without any ado, Suan immediately leave and left alone the seven people.

Their lives are up to them. That gun is just an insurance. Yes, Suan doesn't know that the gun he gave can be the cause of the insurance the will repent but that's in different story.

Shortcut.

Because he cut classes and straightly go home, he has a map. Reminiscing his stupidity awhile ago, he won't gave up that gun if he use the short cut.

Ah, he is indeed very stupid and it was inevitable.

***

This is not what they used to and they can't used to it.

Like a bouquet of roses that blooms from every open part of their body, snatching the place where the flower of death should be. A wide open garden that bathes under the starless moonlight.

The rancid smell, the maggots that squirming, the groan of the undead, the sound of them dragging their body parts down the street behind them, the spitty hiss they make as their decayed teeth, yellowed and full of pulpy bits of bloody flesh, snap as they try to bite you, all make up the beautiful chorus that is the zombie apocalypse. Zombies moan like no other monster. Their terrible hunger evokes painful sounding moans as they hiss and snap at their meal: you. The zombie really makes a music all its own.

It was enough to torture them alive. They seeking for painless death after they rational that living long will never come true.

One losing hope is equals to one accepting their own ending. The path they have to choose is inescapable that persistently holding them, bound them as shackles to their neck, wrist and to their ankles.

From the Chapter 1 of THE UNDEAD: MYTHS AND REALITIES that describes the creatures that roaming blindly because of the dark.

"He comes from the grave, his body a home of worms and filth. No life in his eyes, no warmth of his skin, no beating of his breast. His soul, as empty and dark as the night sky. He laughs at the blade, spits at the arrow, for they will not harm his flesh. For eternity, he will walk the earth, smelling the sweet blood of the living, feasting upon the bones of the damned. Beware, for he is the living dead.
-Obscure Hindu text, circa 1000 B.C.E."

The excerpt from Night Of the Living Dead. (A/n: "Obscure Hindu Text" was invented by Max Brooks, for his Zombie Survival Guide (Circa 2003 C.E.) I don't know the exact title but you can search it up) But blinded with no accompany, eaten sanity and drowned to their own greed.

The ventromedial hypothalamus, which tells you when you've eaten enough, is broken. The brain's frontal lobes, responsible for problem-solving, are devoured by the virus, so zombies can't make complex decisions. Their heart no longer beats, already forgotten the tune of joy of living.

Suan's eyeballs rolled, like a pretentiousness and bitch woman after giving himself a quick narration, fabricating the 'hope' and 'they'.

He was alone, and loss.

Again, for the second time, he can really nod his head in agreement that he is very stupid. He was chased by hoard of zombies and has no choice but to run for his life until he was lost.

Going back to that place after fast recollection of his thoughts and happily got home.

En, he was jumping-walking almost the same to a immature little girl that gotten her candy and now licking it. He will lick it until it gone no more, finish and dried up!