𝟕-𝟏

Mutated dogs howling loudly, their big size and body full of muscles yet can move very agile and fast. Their neck were tightly chained with weird green big chains that glowing radiantly in the dark unable them to move freely.

After howling, their barks and growls in unison made the deads lurking around staggered and absent mindly run away as if they are aware and scared to face their own deaths.

These dogs already reached their awakening state but not to their very highest peak. Because of the sudden phenomenal occurrence in Earth, living people changed along with plants and animals.

The dogs numbers that can't even counted by the fingers of hands and feet, baring their sharp teeth had various breed, size and abilities however loyal to only person.

Silver hair and also silver eyes, hiding a deep thirst of killing intent. A broad shoulders, tight waist and packed of muscles, long legs and  developed body of grown up man.

He was standing still, mountain unmoving, with his hands on his back. Armed in tight tunic and heavy duty jacket, unsconpicious camouflage clothes. Ferocious animals, mouth open wide and blood blend with acid like drool circling around him, worshipping him not erasing the fact that they are beasts.

“Captain, it might take us 5-7 days before we reach ‘that’ place. Base from our informant that we sent there, it seem there is no longer survivors. That place is the very first place where zo—,“ Before the man finished reporting, a icy feeling of welcoming death spread throughout his body.

The Captain's sharp silver eyes glaring him with intense coldness of wanting to kill the mercenary who just talked to him.

Temperature around them started to drop to a freezing point as shards of ice crystal slowly ascend from where they are standing.

The Mercenary can only cry mentally and suffer from the thousands of needles preaking his skin, his breathing getting heavier at the same time enduring the scary aura that his Captain's releasing.

Doing his best not to budge, he almost stuck his feet on the dirt.

This is not the first time that he witnessed such scene. The first is when the Captain's parents became zombies and decided to kill them, the second is... this...

Their second plan is to find and look for the Captain's little brother who maybe is still alive and fighting for hope. But who knows, what surprises them is unknown.

The Captain whose name is Sion, clawed his palms until it bleed. Drops of blood trickles from his callused hands at the same time murmuring the name of his baby brother.

Suan, on the other hand is laying down comfortably inside the truck's big compartment. After he filled his duffel bags almost taking half of the truck's compartment, he laid down and check the crystal he found to the zombies head.

He know what this is.

Because of him being an avid reader of apocalypse, he encountered this a lot. It may be created with words to describe its appearance but he know its purposes.

One thing for sure, this world currently undergoing human changes, animals mutating and plants evolving. In short, awakening.

He is no stranger when it comes using this thing. One fourth of the numbers of the duffel bags actually contains this dark violet crystal that ranges to somehow with glow to glowing radiantly.

Almost of his crystals are violet to purple, indicating that the zombies who owns it are low levels to mid low levels one.

Luckily, he haven't met some mid level to higher ones. His bullets aren't actually made for ‘thick rubber skull-peircing’ despite of the level of his gun... Oh, actually it's not a gun but a toy more or less leaning to a gun.

Decided to go home, he got out from the compartment and quickly went inside the cab.

Suan showed his canine unconsciously subsequently founding out the lay out of the truck is similar to a classical racing game he always play that not only for enjoyment purposes but in addition, teaches you to drive(?).

It's Dr. Driving, mah' men!

He started the engine without any worries. Before he chosen this truck, he is well versed to transportations (Actually, one of his brothers teached him about this. He just enjoyed learning it because of the transportation that they are learning is, to tell you the truth is military truck or any mobiles that (maybe) related to guns.).

The truck didn't gave any loud noises, instead, its soothing akin to the sound of sportscar with low level of volume.

Great! This is too great.

The third task is put an Aluminum Electric fence polywire that has a very high voltage to their gate. A 6 feet wall isn't enough for defense. As for the electric consumption? He can use the crystals as it can last two to three days (per crystal).

The electricity that the photovoltaic cell will create can be used for his daily life another consumptions!

His supply of food can last 2 months and a half, for the water supply? He might well as think to install filter that doesn't need electricity because it's already bothersome.

Sports car are created to repress back pressure to the exhaust that's why when they accelerated they create deep and louder sounds.

The truck Suan choosed has a great acceleration. Its sound aren't more repressed than sports car that's why it's blow is not loud but more deeper and profound emphasizing that this truck (might be) is a new release and fresh model.

Suan with his forehead creased managed to pull out the truck from its glass box. (Damn, it's really new!)

The loud shattering glasses immediately made the zombies loitering around shreak, reaching octave level of notes. Their dull white eyes rolling around inside their eyelids became excited and their beast side started to act.

They chased Suan.

Suan successfully drived the truck to the road, head lights blinding everything, bumper smashing every zombies jumping in front.

Deep green blood splashes everywhere, to the head and to the front panels that the windshield casually cleans creating a satisfying sound.

Embarking the path of going home. Suan, who wanted to kill, met a person.