𝟏𝟒-𝟑.𝟐

“Brother, why do we need to hide who we really are?”

The darkness of the night, being covered with a flat noise of fireworks that reflects on Suan's silver eyes as he asked the nonexistent person next to him— really, there's no one.

The couple who are always with them let the glass stained window open, letting the seven year old watch the unfamiliar explosion of lights in the dark sky, muffling the loud sounds of explosion.

“Does it really matter to them if we want to do something that won't even hurt them?” His youthful voice, naivety in his tone, gripping the air as if gripping the hands that he was holding.

That's what life is, Suan. People will drag you, because they want to. People will talk bad on your back, because it satisfies them. People will hurt you, because they're not happy with other people's achievements. They're nothing but hypocritical disguised human beings, using the skin to mask their animal attitudes.

“Do we have freedom?”

Suan's small forehead scrunched, looking down to his bare feet, clean white tiles emphasizing his pink toes.

There's no freedom in this world. The word ‘freedom’ is nothing but a misconception, forcing us to continue living under the hypnosis of ‘I’m living because I want to’ or ‘I’m living because I'm happy to be alive’.

His thoughts began to surged, surfing along with the waves of worries.

“It’s tolerated but never accepted. Everything is that.” The little boy turns his head towards the person sitting next to him.

Everything is accepted but never tolerated.

It was something that he realized.

His life is accepted but never tolerated. Your actions are acceptable but can never be tolerated. The sexuality of other people can be accepted but can never be tolerated. To how you will express yourself, it is acceptable but isn't tolerated.

A mirror reflecting a mirror. A rain drops down to a puddle, going back to where it belongs. A combination of myriad colors of emotions and wonders of humans.

If you don't want to accept it nor tolerate it. Close your mind. Stop thinking. Be dumb. Be foolish. As you grow, some of the people mature, they begin to explore the greatness of knowledge yet unaware of what they must do; to experience success, you must welcome troubles.

Same as living, if you want to welcome more about living, you must welcome the changes.

Suan looks at the window again, fireworks display continues, his thoughts likewise. His eyes,  wide open, he can see his reflection but not the other child’s reflection.

Indeed, he was alone. His loneliness, for him, is tolerated but he couldn't accept it. A deep well, full of muddy water, covering the dry land of his sanity.

Seeing the slowly being exiguous fireworks size, Suan stood up. Leaving nothing but only himself as he walks back alone to his room.

The whole unknown establishment painted with white, tempered to cold temperature and customized as a private property, he was alone.

“Happy new year, Zeke. Happy new year.”