Meeting a Friend and Making An Enemy

Y/N, Enola, and Mrs Hudson walked them into a pub named the Leaky Cauldron, where they saw a girl with bushy brown hair, big brown eyes, and her parents

"Now, you two wait here, I'm going to go and have a word with someone who can get us to our destination." Mrs Hudson said as Y/N nodded and immediately looked the girl up and down beginning to analyse her.

'she seems excited to be here, positively beaming in fact. she's also got a letter in her pocket judging by the slightest outline-'

"You're doing it again Y/N." Enola said as Y/N turned and looked at his little sister.

"Doing what?"

"Analysing people like father does." Enola answered as Y/N sighed.

"It's a useful trick to have if you're going to a school." Y/N said as Enola smiled.

"Just go and talk to her. Maybe she might be able to help Mrs Hudson." Enola said as Y/N nodded. He walked over to the young girl and her Parents.

"Hello, sorry to interrupt, I was wondering if you perhaps knew where I might find Diagon Alley." Y/N said as the girl smiled at him, she seemed excited.

"Um no. Sorry, manners. I'm Hermione Granger." she said as she offered her hand and Y/N accepted.

"Y/N Holmes." Y/N said as he saw her jaw and the jaws of her parents drop.

"Holmes? Your father wouldn't be the famous detective Sher-"

"Sherlock Holmes? Yes." Y/N said politely as Enola joined them.

"Hello, Enola Holmes, I'm the youngest sibling." Enola said as Y/N smiled.

"Yes, but still Smarter than Michael." Y/N said off handily as Enola smiled.

"Hermione Granger." Hermione said as she shook hands with Enola. "So, are you both coming to Hogwarts as well?"

"Y/N is, I hope if I do it would be next year." Enola said as she smiled at Hermione who returned the smile.

"I'm just on my way to pick up my Hogwarts supplies." Hermione said as she looked at Y/N and blushed, a detail which Y/N's keen eye picked up on. Before the conversation could go any further Mrs Hudson returned to Y/N and Enola.

"Okay, Tom's letting us and the Grangers through out the back way, come along." Mrs Hudson said as she said hello to Hermione's parents and Hermione herself.

They all walked out back and saw Tom tap a brick in the wall, the brick was three up from the bin and two along. A hole in the wall formed as the bricks began to move and soon the hole formed an archway into Diagon Alley.

"Thank you Tom." Mrs Hudson said as she led Y/N and Enola to the bank, the three of them bidding farewell to the Grangers. "Now, I've got enough on me to pay for your robes, so you take this money, Enola, you go with him, make sure he doesn't get into trouble, meet me at the bank when you have your robes, I have some banking business to attend to of my own while I'm waiting.

Y/N and Enola stepped into a shop named Madame Malkin's robes.

As he walked in a pale, blonde boy with slicked back hair was being measured.

"Take a seat, I'll be with you both soon."

"Oh, no, sorry, it's just him. I'm just making sure he doesn't get into trouble." Enola said as the blonde boy looked at Y/N.

"She's not a muggle is she?"

"Muggle?" Y/N asked as Enola sat next to her brother.

"Non-Magic." The boy explained.

"I doubt it, Enola's just not old enough for Hogwarts yet."

"Good, because, those...muggles, god, they shouldn't be allowed near Hogwarts. Should be wizarding families only."

"But surely they are wizarding families, they have a witch or wizard in them. Perhaps the magic missed a generation or two." Y/N pointed out as the boy scoffed at the notion.

"Please. I've never heard such drivel in my life. I can already tell one muggle born will be getting on my nerves. That Granger girl." The boy said as Madame Malkin finished sizing him up and began looking for a set of robes. "The letter said first years aren't allowed their own brooms but I think I might bully my father into buying me that nimbus 2000 in the shop over there."

Y/N was thinking that this boy and Michael would get on like a house on fire. The boy offered to shake Y/N's hand.

 "Draco Malfoy. You'll find that some wizarding families are better than others, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sorts of people do you?"

Y/N didn't accept the handshake he just looked at him and responded coldly and calously.

"I can safely say being able to tell the wrong sort of people from the right runs in my family." Y/N said as he looked at Malfoy. "Y/N Holmes."

Malfoy looked taken back by the name as Y/N leaned in and whispered Malfoys own measurements into his ear before explaining the exact amount of energy he would fall to the floor with if Y/N knocked him out.

"Your robes are ready, Malfoy." Y/N said as he looked over to Madame Malkin.

Tried them on, a woman walked in, she looked middle aged, but Y/N had to admit, she looked quite attractive for her age. Not that he was really interested in anything like that. 

"Hello, I'm looking for my son Draco, he hasn't run off has he?" The woman asked as Y/N shook his head

"No, Mrs Malfoy, he's trying on his robes." Y/N said as the woman looked at him in shock.

"How?"

"You called Draco your son, then he mentioned bullying his father into buying him a broom before. Y/N Holmes." Y/N said as he smiled and offered her his hand, she took it and shook hands with him.

"Holmes? My my. My darling sister would just adore you. Narcissa Black Malfoy. And who's this dashing young lady? Speaking of my sister, you remind me of her, with the bushiness of your hair, at least towards the end of it."

"Enola Holmes, Ms." 

"Charmed." Narcissa said as she looked at Y/N. "I do hope Draco hasn't made too bad of a first impression, after all, I'd hate for him to make enemies at Hogwarts."

"No offence to you personally Ms Malfoy, but he came across as rather rude, might I say he was nothing like how you've been to us thus far." Enola said as Narcissa nodded.

"That's the thing you see, he has my cunning sometimes, others, he has his fathers devilment." Narcissa said as Y/N nodded.

"Well, he has a wonderful mother."

"Mr Holmes, you're up for measuring now."

"Nice talking to you...Mr Holmes." Narcissa said as she sat and waited for Malfoy to come out of his fitting room, Enola waited whilst Y/N was being measured...