First Morning

Y/N woke up the next morning and went into the Dorm shower rooms, he got washed and dressed before heading out to the common room where he noticed a familiar looking hand flicking through a catalogue for hand creams.

"Morning, Thing." Y/N said as he was wearing his days uniform but with his red dressing gown over it instead of a robe. The hand jumped up and began signing to Y/N. "Wednesday said she's going to try and get moved into Ravenclaw. Well at least she won't be getting dragged into trouble by Malfoy and his goons. Thank you thing, got some information, Filch keeps hand cream in his office, if you can get it, it's yours."

The hand signed at him, asking how he knew.

"Someone with his facial skin condition yet his hands were pristine, he obviously keeps hand cream, likely because he thinks it will impress the cat. Now go on, go and help Wednesday after your finished, I'm certain she has a few little tricks for you to play." Y/N said as he  opened the painting portrait for Thing who scurried off. "Now, some time to read before going down to the breakfast feast."

As Y/N sat on the couch he heard a knocking at the window and saw Greg the owl waiting. Y/N opened the window and took a letter addressed to him before paying the owl.

"Thank you, Gerald." Y/N said forgetting the name but remembering it began with a G. The bird simply flew off back to the owlery. Y/N opened up the letter and began reading through it.

'𝚃𝚘 𝚈/𝙽,

𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎, 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚏𝚞𝚕. 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛.

𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎, 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚌𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕, 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎. 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎, 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎.

𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚜 𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎.

𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕.

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛,
𝙴𝚗𝚘𝚕𝚊 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚖𝚎𝚜
: )
𝙿.𝚂. 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘.

Y/N read through the letter.

"Bloody cheek." Y/N remarked to himself as he heard footsteps behind him, he turned to see Hermione walking down the stairs, her hair somehow looking more wild than it normally is. "Morning Ms Granger."

"Morning Y/N." Hermione said as she yawned.

"Enola told me to say hello from her by the way." Y/N said as Hermione smiled.

"Oh. How are you?" Hermione asked as Y/N glanced at her.

"I'm fine, bit bored, I prefer to be working in lessons or revising or working on something to stimulate my brain and instead I can't go to the library until 6 o'clock.

"What time is it now?" Hermione asked.

"4:30."

"4:30, my word." Hermione said as she shook her head.

"Early for you I'm guessing?"

"Yes, you?"

"Not really." Y/N said as he picked up a nearby copy of the Daily prophet and beginning to read it, Y/N flopped back onto the couch and began reading the paper, getting three pages in and throwing it aside while simply saying one word. "Boring."

As he sat there he tried to think when he checked his watch, Y/N saw it was nearly six o'clock, he got changed into his uniform robes and left, heading down to the great hall for the morning feast and then to the library to revise for his lessons for the day, having three hours to kill before lessons starts.

"Hello Mr Holmes. I assume you know the rules in a library, they apply in my library, however there is one more, you need a special permit to enter the Restricted section. No exceptions, as long as you obey those rules, I'm certain we'll get along perfectly." Madame Pince said as Y/N nodded.

"Understood. Thank you." Y/N said kindly before taking out his lesson plan and gathering the books he would be needing for the day and beginning to read through them all one by one, memorising each and every one...