I Told You So

Y/N sat in the Gryffindor common room with a book in one hand and a cup of tea on the table next to him.

"Honestly, you don't actually think they'll go do you?" Hermione said as Y/N nodded.

"Yes I do, Harry's smart enough, and Ronald is smart on occasion, but Ron's got his pride caught up in this, and he's going to drag Harry down with him." Y/N said as he read through the book.

"So...any mail from Enola?" Hermione asked inquisitively as Y/N looked at her.

"Yes, she said hello." Y/N said bluntly as he turned the page. He began reading again until he was interrupted by a tapping on the window, it was Greg. "Ah, Gareth. What are you doing out so late?"

Y/N saw a letter in the owl's beak. He took the letter and opened it.

"Thank you, go on, back to the owlery, it's late." Y/N said as he began to read it.

𝚃𝚘 𝚈/𝙽,

𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙳𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚕.

𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢. 

Y/N put the paper in his pocket before falling backwards onto the couch and beginning to think as he sat there with Hermione sat on one of the armchairs, both waiting for the inevitable sound of Harry and Ron going off to wander cluelessly into Malfoy's trap.

"What was that letter?" Hermione asked calmly.

"Which one?"

"The one Greg delivered just then?" Hermione said as Y/N thought about it.

"Just a quidditch thing, saying welcome to the quidditch team." Y/N lied as he lay on the couch.

"You've scrunched up every other note from the quidditch team, more important things than a simple hello, practice time tables, you've scrunched them or folded them untidily and put them in your dorm drawers. Harry said so. Why did you fold that so neatly and put it in your pocket? It wasn't a quidditch note was it?" Hermione deduced as Y/N sighed. "Let me take a wild stab in the dark, that was from Wednesday or Thing."

"How did you know?"

"You only ever act sentimental when it's something concerning Enola, or when you're with Wednesday or Thing, so it's a letter from Enola, which is unlikely considering you only sent her a letter two days ago, so it's Wednesday or Thing." Hermione said as Y/N looked at her.

"Very well, Wednesday wants me at her appeal tomorrow in Dumbledore's office, apparently he's asked to see me, though for the life of me I can't fathom why. Happy?" Y/N said as Hermione smiled.

"Hit a nerve did I?"

"No. She's simply an acquaintance, don't go getting any ridiculous little ideas into your head. Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side." Y/N said coldly as Hermione saw through him.

"You don't believe that."

"I do, and even if I didn't, it doesn't matter what I believe, more often than not, my statement rings true." Y/N said as he went back to thinking. 

An hour passed, Y/N was still laying on the couch while Hermione was reading.

The silence was broken when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs, Y/N sat up and looked at both Ron and Harry.

"As if on cue. Hello Ronald, hello Harry." Y/N said as he sighed.

"What are you two doing out of bed?!" Ron asked as Y/N rolled his eyes.

"Pot kettle black?" Y/N replied as Ron just stared at him and Hermione. "To answer your question Ron, I am stopping you from doing something stupid."

"Oh shut up. If we don't turn up we'll be called cowards."

"No, because Malfoy is setting you up to get caught. There won't be anyone to call you a coward because you won't be in the school when you get caught." Y/N said as Ron walked past him.

"Come on Harry." Ron said as Y/N rolled his eyes.

Hermione followed the pair out whilst giving them an earful. And Y/N relented, if nothing else he wanted to prove he was right. He followed them all to the trophy room where they found that there was indeed no one waiting for them.

"I did tell you." Y/N said as Ron turned and glared at him, Weasley was about to speak up until they heard a cat, they turned and saw Mrs Norris's shadow approaching the doorway. The four of them ran as fast as they could not looking where they were going apart from Y/N who was mentally mapping the castle as he explored it each day.

They ran until they reached a locked door, Y/N pulled out his lockpicking kit and was about to try breaking in but Hermione shoved him aside.

Alohamora!

The door unlocked and the four of them walked in, closing the door behind them with Y/N looking through the keyhole and keeping an eye on Filch.

"Alohamora?" Ron asked as Y/N turned and looked at him.

"Standard book of spells, chapter 3." Y/N said as Hermione looked at him.

"Why didn't you use it?"

"I forgot about it momentarily, I'm still used to having to unlock doors the old fashioned way." Y/N remarked as he saw Filch and Mrs Norris leave.

"The door seemed locked." Ron remarked as Hermione rolled her eyes.

"It was locked."

"And for good reason." Harry remarked as Y/N turned around and saw a huge three headed dog. The young Holmes began laughing with joy when he saw the trapdoor under the dogs paw. The four of them rushed out of the room as the dog began trying to eat them, while Ron, Harry, and Hermione were terrified, Y/N was excited, finally, this place was getting dangerous, mysterious and fun!

"What do they think they're doing? Keeping a think like that locked up in a school?" Ron said as Y/N was still jumping for joy at the mystery.

"You don't use your eyes do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione said as Y/N stayed out of the inevitable argument that Ron was going to make out of the statement.

"I wasn't looking at it's feet! I was a bit preoccupied with it's heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" Ron said as they began walking up to the dorms.

"It was standing on a trap door, which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something." Hermione deduced.

"Guarding something?" Harry asked his interest piqued.

"That's right. Now, if you three don't mind, I'm going to bed, before any of you come up another brilliant idea to get us killed, or worse, expelled." Hermione scolded them all before slamming the dorm door shut behind her.

"She needs to sort out her priorities." Ron remarked earning a nudge from Y/N before they all headed off to bed.

"We did tell you not to go." Y/N remarked as he fell back onto his bed...