Dig Dug and The Spy Vol. 1

"Georgia? This is Mrs. Henderson, Dustin's mom," the woman said. Every time Dustin's mom called needing Georgia to babysit, it was like they were being introduced to each other for the first time.

"Hello, Mrs. Henderson," Georgia greeted. "How are you today?"

She could hear the faint sound of a little bell echoing over the line.

"I'm not doing too well, dear," she sighed. "Would you be able to babysit Dustin today for a couple of hours? Mews is missing, and I'm going to search a couple of neighborhoods and put up signs over town."

And that's how Georgia ended up at Dustin's house in the early morning, opting for Mrs. Henderson to pick her up so she didn't have to waste gas in case Dustin tried to get her to drive over town.

Like he always did.

"Thank you so much, Georgia; I really appreciate this on such short notice," said Mrs. Henderson. "I'll probably be back later tonight, but if I'm not back by six, feel free to leave, and I'll have Dustin give you the money the next time."

Georgia nodded, waving the woman goodbye. She hoped she found Mews. Those two were inseparable, and the woman seemed to have an unhealthy obsession with her cat.

The door opened before Georgia even got a chance to knock, and Dustin's hand darted out, pulling the girl inside.

"Dustin, we saw each other like two days ago," Georgia said.

"Dart ate Mews," Dustin rushed.

"Something ate your cat?" Georgia asked, confused. "And you're letting your mom go on a search party for her?"

Dustin nodded and started pulling her through the house, stopping at the fridge to grab various fruits before motioning for her to follow him into the backyard, stopping in front of storm doors.

"Dart ate her!" Dustin said. "How was I supposed to tell her my pet ate the cat!"

"Who is Dart?"

"I found a pollywog on Halloween, and he needed me, but he's not really as pollywog, and I think he might be a baby Demogorgon because he's growing and molting twice a day and is the size of a smallish, medium dog," he rushed. "And I want to lock him in there."

Dustin frantically gestured to the doors, dropping fruit outside of them before pulling them open and throwing more food down the hatch.

Georgia followed him back into the house, where he grabbed anything that could be used as cushioning, a helmet, and a broom. She watched as he dropped slices of bologna on the ground in a path to the door that led from the guestroom to the porch where the fruit path began.

"Dustin, what is your plan here? I'm not exactly equipped to take out a baby Demogorgon by myself-"

"We can't kill him!" Dustin exclaimed, waving his mitten-covered hands.

"It's a Demogorgon, Dustin!" she said dryly. "And he ate your cat."

"He's a baby! He's just hungry," Dustin cried, and he shoved a hockey stick into Georgia's hand.

A homicidal baby.

This was possibly the stupidest thing she'd ever done. Georgia waited at the end of the hall for Dustin to open the door.

"On the count of three, okay?" he yelled.

"Am I counting, or are you counting?" she asked.

He was quiet for a moment. "You," he answered.

"One, two-"

"Wait, wait, wait," Dustin interrupted. "I'm a little nervous."

"We are not switching, Dustin," Georgia denied. "You're the one who decided a little Demogorgon made a good house pet."