Suzie, Do You Copy?

Whether she wanted to admit it or not, she was still feeling the effects from yesterday's, and this mornings, activities, much to Steve's celebrations.

She picked up a quick babysitting shift, picking up Mrs. Cunningham's daughter and son from the local pool. What she wasn't told was that they were promised an extra hour and a half at the pool, and there were a bunch of awaiting mothers decked out in a full face of makeup, extravagant hairstyles, and jewelry not fit for swimming waiting for some lifeguard that had them forgetting to act appropriately.

Georgia wasn't a prude by any means, but the sight of middle-aged, married women with children getting dressed up in an attempt to catch a teenager's eye didn't sit too well with her, especially when their children were only a couple of feet away from them.

She luckily found the one available chair in the shade to sit in until it was time for the kids to go. Max's bucket hat sat firmly on her head, and a book was plopped in her hands. She occasionally looked up just to make sure the kids were alright.

"Where's your bathing suit, Hopper?" Billy Hargrove's familiar voice drawled.

He stood at the foot of the pool chair, a whistle and necklace hanging low over his shaven chest. He wore sunglasses, and his hair was at put together as ever, a few curls falling over his face. His red lifeguard shorts sat around his hips.

He was no doubt what these mothers were anticipating to see.

She wasn't blind; he was conventionally good-looking and well-built. She knew from Max's complaints that he worked out constantly, at least when he wasn't drinking and trying to hit kids with his car.

"I don't need it when I'm babysitting," Georgia muttered. "Don't you have children to yell at or watch? A whistle to blow or moms to flirt with?"

Literally, anyone else to bother except her. From the looks of it, many women, and even some men, would love to take her place.

He followed her line of sight to the row of mothers shamelessly staring at them. At least Mrs. Wheeler had the dignity to look away and make herself busy.

She wondered what Nancy would think if she knew what her mother was doing under the guise of giving Holly a pool day.

"Why would I look at them when you are so much better, darling?" he flirted. His expression was alluring from the way his eyes darkened, his jaw flexed, and his brows pulled together.

She really hated him.

"I don't know, maybe look at the kids then since that's actually your job," Georgia said, her eyes finding the two siblings playing in the pool.

She almost jumped out of her skin when Billy blew the whistle. Everything seemed to come to a stop.

"Hey, lard-ass!" he shouted, and the quiet chatter immediately ceased. "No running on my watch! I gotta warn you again, and you're banned for life. You wanna be banned for life, lard-ass?"

The poor kid shook his head, frozen in fear.

"Didn't think so," and he blew the whistle again.

Activity and chatter resumed like it never stopped. The kid slowly shuffled across the edge of the pool, his head down.

"Was that necessary?" she huffed, setting the book down, publicly embarrassing the poor kid in front of essentially the whole town, in terms of his classmates at least.

"You told me to do my job," he grinned proudly. "That's what I did."

"Well, you can go do it somewhere away from me," Georgia said, and she moved to her feet, slipping on her sandals. "Lilian, Luke, it's time to go!" She made sure to call their names while they were looking so they couldn't pretend not to hear her.