47 | the y i e l d

| G R A C E |

SHE CLEARED HER THROAT before reaching for her Starbucks frappe.

Frankly, it was comical that the group of cheerleaders weren't gossiping for once. Grace was thankful for the change, but now it felt like they had nothing to talk about.

All because the ringleader got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

She cleared her throat again before looking at Emily and saying, "I heard GreySlate didn't post last night."

Emily stiffened before quickly recovering. "I don't care."

The tiniest of smirks crawled onto Grace's face and her eyes beamed with amusement.

Am I a bad friend to enjoy seeing her hurt from what she always laughs at people for?

Grace almost laughed.

This was the type of entertainment she'd pay to watch.

| C A D E N |

HIS FISTS POUNDED THE DOOR. "Zoya, open the door!"

His heart was pacing and he was sure he was breaking into a cold sweat.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

Suddenly the door opened and he saw her holding his phone with a vice grip. Her eyes shone with tears and it pulled at his heart.

"I can explain," he insisted.

She held up his phone, as if she was about to throw it. Pausing, she shook her head and simply handed it to him.

Without looking at the video, he pocketed the phone and rushed over to her. Zoya was angrily moving about the room and gathering her belongings.

"Mamas-"

"Nuh call mi mamas, nasty bwoy!" she angrily snapped. "Go call the gyal weh did a give yu head mamas."

Despite the situation, he wanted to smile. He loved when she spoke like that - not only because her accent reminded him of her, but because it made Zoya ten times sexier.

Caden sighed. "We weren't together-"

"Weren't together?!" she hissed and he nodded. She reached a hand out. "Give me your phone," she ordered and he unwillingly did. "Look at the date, Caden. That's the same day we argued! You couldn't even wait a day?!"

"I'm sorry, mamas."

"And you have so many other videos in here. . ." she said, scrolling while glaring at his phone in disgust.

Caden looked away to the ceiling. He couldn't bare to watch the hurt on her face.

"And me really did fi believe you a virgin?" she asked with a scoff. "Open your my eyes only."

"Zoya. . . why are you doing this to yourself?"

"I need to see what a liar you are so when I walk away, I don't come back."

His heart stopped beating.

She's breaking up with me?

He shook his head, refusing to enter the passcode.

"Open it, Caden!" she demanded. When he didn't yield, she stared at the screen for a second before she began tapping away.

Caden's heart dropped when he heard the unmistakable click of the passcode going through.