Chapter 32

I ran inside the hospital, making my way to the front desk

I ran inside the hospital, making my way to the front desk. I couldn't help but feel nervous to meet my dad. How do I explain everything to him? Do I tell him l met Mom?

"Good evening, how may I help you?" The lady at the front desk asks cheerfully. I was really out of breath from running the short distance, "I'm here to see my dad Ben Thompson," I told her.

She typed on her keyboard for a few minutes before pausing. Adrian walked behind me with his hands in his pockets and he was oddly quiet, he didn't say anything the entire car ride here.

"I'm sorry, I can't seem to find a Ben Thompson. It seems like he's no longer registered as a patient at this hospital," the lady explains and I feel my heart drop at her words.

Did my father get discharged? What does she mean?

"That can't be right, can you please check again," I place my hands on the counter and she looks at me sadly. I could feel Adrian's eyes on me as he took a few steps closer.

The lady double-checked everything before looking up at me. "Your father passed away two days ago, unfortunately, he had an organ failure because of the size of the tumor. I'm so sorry miss," she grieves.

I blink at her. "What?" My voice broke out. I look up to see Adrian's face and his eyes immediately soften.

I stood frozen in my place. I felt like completely breaking down and crying but the tears didn't fall. "He's gone," I gulped.

Adrian spread out his arms, pulling me into his chest. "Valentina-"

"No," I push him back as hard as I can, "I didn't even get to say goodbye to him! I wasn't there for him when he needed me the most Adrian," I sniffle, feeling enraged inside.

I knew dad was in pain and his doctors had warned me he didn't have long to live. And honestly, I'm happy he's not suffering in pain anymore but I wish I was at least there to say goodbye and tell him about his mother.

"I'm sorry," Adrian mutters so softly, that I almost miss it.

Anger quickly consumed me as I faced him. "I could've been there if It weren't for you! I could've said my goodbye!" I scream at him, not caring we're in the middle of the hospital and people keep glaring at us.

He stood there in silence just staring at me and it made me grow even more mad. "I hope you're fucking happy, I hope whatever you planned is worth it Adrian," I snap at him harshly.

I turned around and rushed out the doors, leaving him.

"Valentina, stop," I heard him right behind me as I kept walking making sure to ignore him. I'm going home whether he likes it or not.

He catches up to me swiftly and grabs my arms, pulling me. "Where do you think you're going?" He scolds. "Away from you," I spat at him.

He released a deep sigh. "Let's go back home, Valentina,"