Chapter 33

"What's the situation looking like?" I ask Ivan, growing more impatient by the second

I was with Valentina last night when I got a call about some security breach at the warehouse. I immediately came back and took care of everything until this morning.

There have been threats from the American gang because I created an alliance with the Serbians.

"We received some intel that some of the smaller gangs are starting to band together and plan on attacking us," Ivan admits as he slouches against the leather seat, opposite mine.

I release a frustrated sigh. "How reliable is this intel?"

"Pretty reliable I'd say, Kyle told me." He replies.

"Not only that, there's even a bigger problem," Ivan added, and I groaned.

"What?"

"Almost half of our shipments containing weapons and equipment were stolen," he explains and I could feel my anger rising by the second within me.

Fucking great. The last thing I need is the Serbians regretting their alliance with us. What are they going to think when they find out we're getting shit stolen from us like stealing candy from a baby?

"Have some guys look into it and find out who's behind it, I want all of them dead," I demand, standing up abruptly from my desk.

"And make sure everyone is on high alert, we need to act fast in case they attack us. I'm going to have a meeting with Sergio about this at his restaurant. I'll be back in an hour,"

"I'm on it," Ivan says as he stands up from his chair too. I walk around my desk to leave my office when Ivan stops me.

"So where did you take Valentina yesterday?"

"What?" I ask, freezing immediately. I was not expecting him to ask that. "Did you guys go on a date?" He grins.

I scoff. "You must be out of your mind."

"Then what did you guys do?" He asks, curiosity killing him.

"None of your business," I spat out. Ivan chuckles as he walks closer to me, "I'm going to go entertain the poor girl while you're gone, she must be bored all alone in this big mansion,"

I shoot him a cold glare. What is he trying to do here?

"Why the fuck would you do that?" I ask and he shrugs in response.

"I don't want you going anywhere near her, I'll fucking kill you," I threaten. Ivan has had enough interactions with Valentina. God knows what he wants from her.

"You love me too much to do such a thing," he waves me off as he walks past me to leave. I swiftly grab him by the arm, causing him to pull back.

"I'm serious Ivan," I say coldly and he raises his hands in surrender. "Okay okay, I won't go near your girl," he says, but that grin tells me otherwise. Ivan continues to walk out the door, leaving me alone.