Chapter 39

I blink my eyes open, the bright morning sun streaming through the window and nearly blinding me

I blink my eyes open, the bright morning sun streaming through the window and nearly blinding me. I squint, adjusting to the sudden glare.

As I try to sit up, a heavy weight on my waist holds me in place. Glancing down, I find Adrian's tattooed arm draped possessively over me, anchoring me to the bed. My gaze travels up to his face, and my heart flutters at the peaceful, almost childlike expression as he sleeps soundly beside me.

His messy hair falls over his forehead, and soft snores escape his slightly parted lips. I can't resist the temptation to trace the intricate ink designs decorating his arm. The tattoos flow seamlessly, covering nearly every inch of his bronzed skin like a work of art.

As the memories of last night flood back, a burning heat spreads across my cheeks. I still can't believe it all really happened. Oh my god. A single touch from this man had ignited a fire within me, leaving me craving his touch everywhere.

"Morning, dorogoy," Adrian's rough, sleep-laced voice rumbles, snapping me out of my thoughts. I tilt my head to meet his smoldering gaze. "Morning," I reply softly, offering him a shy smile.

Just the sound of his voice in the morning is enough to send me to the hospital from how hot he sounds. ."Did you sleep well?" he asks, his grip around my waist tightening ever so slightly.

"I did, thank you," I murmur, letting my palm splay against the firm expanse of his chest, tracing the endless patterns of his tattoos.

Adrian lets out a guttural groan. "God, you're killing me," he rasps.

"You're not wearing any underwear, and I'm tempted to have my breakfast right here, right now." His words send a delicious shiver down my spine, and I can't help the small gasp that escapes my lips. "Adrian!" I chide, though the heated flush on my cheeks betrays my flustered state.

He gives me grin that I rarely get to see on his face. "You're so beautiful," he says, his intense gaze roaming over my features with adoration. I've lost count of how many times this man has reduced me to a blushing mess.

"Thank you," I breathe. "You're handsome." At that, Adrian leans in, capturing my lips in a long, searing kiss that leaves me dizzy. Kissing him always feels like I'm being attacked by a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. When he finally pulls away, I'm left thoroughly dazed.

"Thank you for last night," I murmur, gently tapping his chest.

His eyes gleam with mischief. "For the date or for eating you out? Because I think I should be the one thanking you for the delicious dessert," he states bluntly, and I can't help but playfully swat his shoulder."For the date!" I protest, though my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"You're welcome," he hums, his large palm tenderly cradling the back of my head as he brushes his fingers through my tangled hair. I nestle my cheek against his sturdy chest, reveling in the warmth of his embrace. I could get used to waking up like this every morning.

I gaze up at Adrian, my heart swelling with affection as I ask, "What are you thinking about?"

His expression grows somber, "How you deserve a guy who doesn't run a mafia and won't potentially put you in danger every second of the day. But I'm too selfish to let you go so that'll never happen. You're mine either way."

I lift my head to make direct eye contact with him. "You're there to save me if I'm ever in danger," I say softly.

Guilt flashes across his face. "I've put you in danger, Valentina," he admits, his eyes filled with remorse. My heart breaks at his words.

I know he's done terrible things, but I've also never been so alive and myself when I'm around him. If it weren't for Adrian, I'd still be working countless jobs just to scrape by. I wouldn't have had any time for myself, to enjoy things and discover what I liked. Adrian changed that.

"You saved me in ways you'd never realize," I whisper, wrapping my arms around his neck. I don't expect Adrian to be perfect - no one is. When he asked me to marry him solely because it would benefit his work, it crushed me. A part of me didn't want him to use but to realize if he had any feelings there. Feel the things I've been feeling.

Adrian did things the only way he knew how, in his own fucked up and crazy ways, and I've come to accept that. Maybe I'm crazy for trusting him, but I'll be even crazier if I didn't give him a chance. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm willing to take that risk.

I'm falling for this man more and more each day.

"I promise I'm not going to let anything or anyone hurt you again," he assures me, pressing a tender kiss to my lips. I reach up to gently play with his hair, admiring his striking features.

"I believe you, but we're going to have to seal it with a pinky promise," I say with a sheepish smile, wiggling my pinky finger at him. Adrian raises a brow in confusion. "Dorogoy, I'm afraid I've never made a pinky promise before," he admits, his accent thick.

I can't help but laugh at the genuine state of confusion he's in then stop. "Link your pinky finger with mine," I instruct.

"This means you can never break your promise, or else..." I trail off, trying to find an answer.

"Or else what?" he asks as he does as I say.
"You don't want to know, it's really bad," I tease.

Adrian breaks out into a warm smile. "As long as you're never leaving my side, I can't think of anything worse," he murmurs, bringing my hand to his lips and pressing a soft kiss to the back of my palm.

His hand then slides down to grasp my ass, and he gives it a gentle squeeze. "Are you hungry? I can order food," he suggests. I bite my lip, considering. "Not just yet. I want to stay here a little longer," I murmur."As you wish, dorogoy," he rumbles, tightening his hold on me.

[ Sweetheart]

____________________

I slip on Adrian's oversized shirt, relishing the familiar scent of him. My dress from last night is soaked, and I didn't have any spare clothes packed.

Adrian, however, had brought an extra outfit for himself. After eating the breakfast he ordered for us, I took a quick shower while he tends to some business matters. When I emerge and enter the living area, I find Adrian lounging on the couch, engrossed in his phone.

"How come you didn't pack any clothes for me?" I ask, a hint of playfulness in my tone as I slowly approach him.

His gaze lifts, and his entire demeanor shifts the moment he sees me. "I was dying to see you in my shirt," he breathes, eyes gleaming with a barely restrained intensity.

Adrian sets down his phone, his legs parting in silent invitation. "Come here," he murmurs, a quiet command. I kneel to sit beside him, but he swiftly pulls me onto his lap, one hand gripping my waist. "You drive me crazy," he growls, his free hand trailing up my side, igniting sparks of electricity under my skin.

I gaze at him, feigning innocence. "I do?" The words are scarcely above a whisper, but they draw a heavy sigh from his lips.

"I'll show you," I can already feel him growing under me and the heat rushes to my face. His other hand is placed on my lap, when he moved it inside my inner thigh, he groans. "You're still not wearing any underwear," he states.

"I didn't have an extra pair," I blush and his fingers teasingly grips my thigh. "I think it's time for desert again, no?"