Chapter 44

I stare at the price tag on the luxurious leather bag, my eyes widening in disbelief

I stare at the price tag on the luxurious leather bag, my eyes widening in disbelief. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd be able to freely purchase something like this.

Growing up, I could barely afford to put food on the table, let alone indulge in designer items. This newfound wealth feels so foreign and strange to me.

"Dorogoy, I told you to buy whatever you wanted," Adrian insists, his brow furrowed in concern. He towers over me, his imposing presence both intimidating and comforting at the same time.

I wave him off dismissively. "I don't know, look at the price. I'm sure there are cheaper bags that look the same." I start to walk away, but Adrian's firm grip on my arm stops me in my tracks.

He snatches the bag from my hands, cradling it possessively. "I'm buying it for you, I don't care what you say," he frowns, his eyes narrowing. He the hands the bag to the bewildered saleswoman. "We'll take one of each color," he declares.

I gape at him, completely flabbergasted. "You're joking," I mutter under my breath, my mind reeling. That single bag cost a staggering four thousand dollars - an amount that could have kept me fed for months back in the day.

"No," Adrian simply states, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips. He leans in and places a tender kiss on my forehead, sending tingles down my spine.

We're currently in this extravagant mall, thanks to Adrian's insistence that I needed a complete wardrobe overhaul. I didn't object until I saw the astronomical prices. He dragged me to the most high-end designer stores, where even the smallest items cost a small fortune.

Glancing out the window, I spot four of Adrian's men stationed outside, guarding the vicinity with their imposing presence.

"Would you like us to bag them and give them to you now? We also do deliver," the saleswoman coos, batting her eyelashes at Adrian in a blatant attempt to flirt.

"Deliver will do," Adrian responds curtly, and the woman nods before scurrying off.

I heave a deep sigh, shaking my head in exasperation. "You have too much money," I tell him bluntly.

Adrian raises a brow, his lips curving into a slight smirk. "We do have a lot of money, so let me spoil you, dorogoy," he says, his voice dripping with affection.

I know better than to argue, so I simply give in, following him deeper into the store. We find ourselves in the baby section, surrounded by an array of designer infant clothing and accessories. I didn't know why babies would need designer things, wouldn't they just outgrow them anyway?

I can't help but be captivated by a tiny, delicate baby shoe. "That's so cute," I murmur, running my fingers over the soft leather.

Adrian stands beside me, his gaze fixed on the minuscule shoe. "It's tiny," he comments, and I glance up at him, unable to suppress a smile. Of course it's tiny - it's made for a baby, after all.