Ch. 3

(y/n)- your name
(h/c)- hair color
(h/l)- hair length
(h/t)- hair texture
(e/c)- eye color
______________

"No, no, no, no..." you repeated to yourself as you grabbed the blankets on the large bed and covered yourself with them.

Covering yourself didn't really help with anything, but at least it hid the tears that began to form in your eyes.

"A-are you going to get rid of me now?"

You couldn't help but start fully crying after saying this. You tried to hold it back, but that only caused you to shake while small sobs slipped out.

It was quiet for a while. You weren't sure if anyone was still there. The only sound in the room was your soft crying, until you heard a deep hushed voice break the silence.

"No, we won't."

That voice...

The voice that softly spoke to you sounded so familiar. Your crying immediately stopped as you searched your mind to try and think of any instance you had heard this voice. You then remembered hearing a similar voice before you blacked out.

"Were you there?" You quickly asked.

"Assuming you're speaking of the place we rescued you from, then yes." the voice answered, still in a very hushed tone.

"W-who are you?" you questioned, starting to feel a twinge of guilt.

You didn't mean to indirectly attack the person who helped get you out of that horrible situation.

"My name is Bowser. What is your name?"

"I... I don't know..."

"Ah..." Bowser muttered. "Kamek told me this may happen. I'm guessing this is memory loss?"

You didn't answer him.

You weren't sure what else to say. Everything was twisting and turning in your mind. You just wanted to stay under these blankets forever.

"You are so young... It's not fair that you must deal with all this. I... I can't help but feel partially responsible for what happened to you."

What?! What is he saying...

You continued to stay silent, waiting to see if he would keep talking.

"You see, an item was stolen from me... an item that probably should have been destroyed."

You could hear him sigh before continuing to explain.

"This item was something that contained a major amount of the type of magic someone could use to create chaotic magic. It was stolen from me for this very reason. It was then used on you... and we were too late to stop them."

This was followed by a long moment of silence as you processed what he said.

You had so many questions.

"Who would do this to me? Why would anyone do this to someone?" you finally asked.

"Who was behind this cruel experiment, is hard to say. We believe they may have escaped. Others were there helping to conduct the experiment, but they are... no longer available."

You didn't understand what he meant by that, but before you could ask he continued.

"As for why someone would do this, it's a bit hard to answer. It's hard to understand why most people do things in this world. People usually do things that will benefit them, even if it is the cause of innocent people getting hurt. You, uh- may understand better when you're older."